How bad is Cresford?

they are buidling NXT and casa, but I have read they do crappy work. was this just for 1 building, or you think they are still as bad?

I have read bad reviews. http://www.yelp.ca/biz/cresford-developments-east-york

and another forum with builder reviews.

what I am scared is they will not register the building fast and you end up paying out of your pocket.

anybody care to chime in?

One thing that me and a friend noticed yesterday is that in the rendering, the podium was smaller than the church, but in reality the podium is much higher than the church. I think the podium as it stands is much nicer than the rendering. Do you think there was a reason for this, or it just happened that way?

This was discussed many pages back, it was just a rendering. If you go back and look at the Staff Report you'll see the scale of The Sanctuary and the podium of Casa are pretty much the same when compared to the built form.

IMO Casa is quite plain and simple... Casa looks nice from certain angles (like Yonge/Bloor) but doesn't look to good from others...

I am not a huge fan of wrap around balconies on square buildings... It seems a little old fashioned IMO...

***I AIN'T a Casa hater :D!

Casa kinda reminds me of these recently (but ugly IMO) built buildings in North York City Centre... It's Pulse Condominiums by Pemberton...

2680920087_8cce24298a_b.jpg

IMO Casa is quite plain and simple... Casa looks nice from certain angles (like Yonge/Bloor) but doesn't look to good from others...

I am not a huge fan of wrap around balconies on square buildings... It seems a little old fashioned IMO...

***I AIN'T a Casa hater :D!

Casa kinda reminds me of these recently (but ugly IMO) built buildings in North York City Centre... It's Pulse Condominiums by Pemberton...

I echo steveve's comments that Casa does resemble the look of older apartments in the Bathurst Sheppard area with wrap around balconies, which leaves me with a bad taste personally, but as many on UT have clearly demostrated lots of people love this building ... and yes Pemberton's Pulse Condominiums are definitely twin sisters with CASA, but Pulse is just wayyyyy cheaper

The glass used on Casa is better, it's slender design creates a dynamite profile enjoyed for miles around, the way the above ground parking is configured is both handsome and discrete, the three storey glass lobby offers wonderful views from inside and out and I believe the rooftop feature will be much more successful than what is pictured above - though that is yet to be seen but I'm confident. I can see how the comparisons are drawn but Casa is more successful than Pulse in every way.

yeah...

Casa has ALOT of similarities to Pulse condo's however...

Casa beats it in height, design, colour, glass, etc....... (the list goes on...)

:)

well let's face it .... CASA, Sp!re, pulse, etc ... they are all themes of the same design and style ... the proportions and execution may be different.

Love the balconies, look at the buildings to the left..no balconies and to the right ... is that a balcony squeezed in there at the precast beside the brick beside the glass ... now that is terrible!

I hate how all new condo developments dont really have definable kitchens. They tend to be a countertop along one wall of the livingroom. I hate that.

and stainless steel appliances .... appliances should blend in with the cabinet colour not stick out like a sore thumb (silver/brown don't go)

Last edited by a moderator:
and stainless steel appliances .... appliances should blend in with the cabinet colour not stick out like a sore thumb (silver/brown don't go)

What are you talking about? Maybe you personally don't like that colour combo but steel, white and black go with any other solid colour.

And regarding the comment about un-defined kitchens along the wall. This is a positive for some and a negative for others. I am 1 person living in a 1 bedroom and what I was looking for was a unit that had open airy space for myself to come home to and that would be suitable for entertaining. So for me personally I was looking for a condo that had this type of layout. I know many people who hate this setup though and for them they would never consider a condo like CASA. I am a little surprised though that most developers tend to go one way or the other with the whole building rather than offer kitchen setups that cater to both crowds.

Stainless steel appliances, stainless steel backsplash, dark brown cabinets with stainless steel handles is what I have and everyone who sees it, likes it very much. But this is me and my friends, some people like country, some traditional... different people have different ideas about what they like. How can someone say what is beautiful. It could be beautiful to him, but not to me.

I live in Montage and have the kitchen along the wall style and stainless appliances. I've always preferred stainless appliances to the "make it look like the cabinets style". I really like the functional appearance of stainless. With a granite counter, nice looking stainless appliances, and decent cabinets, the kitchen can easily integrate into the living space and look very attractive.

I really like the straight line kitchen style, in my 980 sq ft unit it provides much more living space and an open feeling as compared to the typical condo kitchen buried in a little box, or kitchen fronted by an island. In my unit I have plenty of space to fit a table for 8 ppl and have a proper dining area, which I couldn't do with a traditional kitchen.

In terms of functionality it works fine. At thanksgiving I cooked a full turkey dinner, including all the fixings, and didn't feel space constrained at all. While cooking the large dining room table serves as extra counter space. I was surprised at how well it all worked.

To each his own.

Not worried, people will evetually see the light of day (stainless steel are commercial kitchen appliances, ugly anywhere else). People once thought suburban homes in back with garages pushed way out front was a great idea too. I see they don't design much of those anymore now that they filled the suburbs with them and realized how ugly it really is.

Actually does anyone know the history of stainless steel appliances in home kitchens, because my guess is some famous chef decided that for his/her home kitchen he/she wanted the same size commercial appliances in their kitchen as they have in their restaurants for the size/durability/function not really caring about the look of it. Then famous rich folk visiting(parties) at said chef's house decided that it would be a good idea for them to provide these s.s. appliances in their home for their kitchen staff... and so on repeating itself... then designers thought hey lets provide a version for regular folk, so now you have stainless steel appliances in homes/condos that don't have the size/durability/functionality (and leave nice finger prints) and it becomes the 'in' thing, until people start asking why?

Last edited by a moderator:

Back