^ I realize this is off-topic, but wouldn't it cost just as much in electricity given the number of sensors being powered in front of every unit and elevator so the lights would turn on as soon as someone opens their apartment door or walked out the elevator?

^ I realize this is off-topic, but wouldn't it cost just as much in electricity given the number of sensors being powered in front of every unit and elevator so the lights would turn on as soon as someone opens their apartment door or walked out the elevator?

No, not at all....sensors don't dissipate huge amounts of power.

If all condos installed "On demand" lighting, where the hallways are dimmed in the late night hours or when there is no traffic and come to full illumination if someone walks onto the floor, this world could save tons of energy.

They're used in office buildings, there's no reason why they couldn't be used in a condo.

I support Traynor and AGTO comment ... in fact slowly the 'Green' builders (Minto, Tridel, Times Group) are doing precisely this with motion activated hallway lighting (ie: Majestic Court, Parkview Towers)

Quantum II has lights that dim when there is no action in the halls. As soon as you step out of your unit, they turn to full power again.

Almost finished painting the underside of the hat

casahat.jpg

casa looks stunning! I love the clean look this hat has on the building :D. a sharp looking skyscraper indeed :D

Almost finished painting the underside of the hat

That looks great! I thought that the lights seemed brighter at night but didn't notice that this had been painted until I saw the photo.

The dug up garden edges out front that had the caution tape wrapped all around have also been trimmed with what looks like granite around the perimeter of the gardens. It adds a really nice finished look to the front entrance area.

If all condos installed "On demand" lighting, in which the hallways are dimmed in the late night hours or when there is no traffic and come to full illumination if someone walks onto the floor, this world could save tons of energy.

I hate our wasteful society.

Off topic but since we're discussing it. Does anyone know of any companies that retrofit buildings to do this? I'd be very interested to have it installed in my current condo.

From Today..

Well, I suppose I've stalked long enough...Time to contribute something.
Quick tour of Yorkville and environs: Casa standing tall.
Apologies for the quality, taken with my Blackberry.

Attachments

• Casa, awaiting company..jpg
    Casa, awaiting company..jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 265
Photos from today (july 22)

Uptown, Crystal, Casa: they all are great contributions to the yorkville area! Imagine these views 2 years ago..... i know, they sucked :p

4820091852_4f22290cbc_b.jpg

All photos by me: steveve :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone seen the movie Inception? In the latter half of the movie, there are a couple shots of a building that looks like CASA....with the same wrap around balconies. Looks kool!

Back