Anyone seen the movie Inception? In the latter half of the movie, there are a couple shots of a building that looks like CASA....with the same wrap around balconies. Looks kool!

I LOVED the building in Inception. I wonder if its a real building, or if it was just designed for the movie.

I LOVED the building in Inception. I wonder if its a real building, or if it was just designed for the movie.

yeah...i was wondering if it was poissible they had the design of CASA at hand and thought it looked somewhat futuristic!!

So far so good. Not too much clutter on the balconies.

casavert.jpg

Nice to see Casa coming to life. I noticed last week that someone on the south-east corner about 1/4 from the top of the building strung LED lighting along their balcony railing. I wish they hadn't.

That's the great thing about the 1 Bloor site: the best view of Casa we're ever going to get...

Nice to see Casa coming to life. I noticed last week that someone on the south-east corner about 1/4 from the top of the building strung LED lighting along their balcony railing. I wish they hadn't.

yes...i noticed this too. Wrecks the look of the building. What are they thinking? the lights are so soft up the building and then you get that ugly blast. No worries. I will compain about it to the condo board. I really don't think this kind of lighting is acceptable.

The LED lighting on the perimiter of this unit's balcony is tacky and undermines the architectural integrity in the building's design. I wholeheartedly agree.

Otherwise, the building is stunning, especially at night. Alas, with 1Bloor and Chaz going up, there will be limited angles where one can appreciate CASA's elegant contribution to the mid-town skyline. Whoever has a good angle for a great nighttime shot (with the roof now lit), now's the time to take those pics. The ones posted a few pages back had black levels that were too dark. Let's see who can take the "ultimate" shot of CASA.

Last edited:
yes...i noticed this too. Wrecks the look of the building. What are they thinking? the lights are so soft up the building and then you get that ugly blast. No worries. I will compain about it to the condo board. I really don't think this kind of lighting is acceptable.

You really shouldn't be allowed to put anything on the balconies. Those lights are so tacky...you'd think it's Christmas.

I understand you (we) all have a great interest in architecture and urban development but comments about someone putting up lights on their balcony undermining the "architectural integrity" of the building are sort of comical. This isn't an office building, it is a place that people live. If someone put LED lights on the balcony of their condo of a building built in 1990 I'm sure you wouldn't care. Just because you consider this building more beautiful does not mean that the people living in it should have to live their lives as if they're renting a room in a museum.

Now, that isn't to say that there should be a free for all in terms of "creative expression" when it comes to residential buildings but to go after someone because you don't get to look at life-size version of a scale model from the street or from your computer monitor is ridiculous.

Well said mlipreti. These are people's homes, not just urban scupltures for people to admire. It's nice to see that people are using and enjoying their balconies. Most people enjoy being able to have some outdoor space to enjoy but the opinion of some people on this board is that buildings shouldn't have balconies at all because it ruins the look of the building from the outside. Ridiculous. Who's paying for the building , the owners of the units or the skyscraper fanboys on the street who want to talk abt buildings as mere urban aesthetics. But that being said, there are always controls on what can be done on balconies and in windows. Almost all condos require window coverings to be white and forbid hanging tjhings like planters or flags from balconies. Whether or not lights on a balcony would break a rule would need to be checked out by reading the paperwork. But a comment somepne made like 'you shouldn't be able to put anything on balconies' is crazy. No chairs? No table? The balcony should remain bare and unusable? You buy a unit and do nothing with it if u think the most important thing is how it looks from the outside to strangers.

I understand you (we) all have a great interest in architecture and urban development but comments about someone putting up lights on their balcony undermining the "architectural integrity" of the building are sort of comical. This isn't an office building, it is a place that people live. If someone put LED lights on the balcony of their condo of a building built in 1990 I'm sure you wouldn't care. Just because you consider this building more beautiful does not mean that the people living in it should have to live their lives as if they're renting a room in a museum.

Now, that isn't to say that there should be a free for all in terms of "creative expression" when it comes to residential buildings but to go after someone because you don't get to look at life-size version of a scale model from the street or from your computer monitor is ridiculous.

Back