So are you saying the brainwaves at Cresford are being weasels and are trying to clad this 47 storey all-glass tower with the cheapest glass possible?

He's probably suggesting that it's a glass tower & therefore doesn't meet that Ashrae whatever code that has no jurisdiction here.

There are plenty of regulators and inspectors from a variety of different agencies that are constantly dropping in and visiting sites (often unannounced) across the GTA. Casaguy, as a purchaser of a unit at Casa, you can have a variety of opinions regarding your own satisfaction with you unit or construction quality or with respect to how Cresford handles issues (or in some case doesn't handle issues) - but you don't have to worry about not meeting the OBC or Tarion's Construction Performance Guidelines.

Yes it did seem to be a rather odd post. What are the issues and who's code is he talking about?

In a perfect world, Cresford would understand that Charles Street could be their showpiece of 2 outstanding properties. Cheapening out should not be an option for them or for any company that wants at least one jewel in their crown. (And so far they have none.)

Yes it did seem to be a rather odd post

..there have been a lot of odd posts, on a lot of threads lately....:confused:

hopefully 'grp' is not 'svenglezz part 2'

Looking down:

2848676993_d88d767dd7_b.jpg

No, I think they look to be about 5 ft. - its partially your perspective and also, if you imagine that the ceiling heights are approx. 9'-4", those balconies are pretty close to 5'..However, not that I wouldn't put it past them.

p5

The balconies don't look like they're the five feet advertised; more like 3.5-4.0 feet, imho. (Compare width of balcony to height between slabs.)

If you want to see an example of a 3.5 foot-wide balcony, go down to Carlton and Yonge and look up at The Met, or further up along Bay Street and look at Murano's balconies. That's roughly what they would look like, and judging from where Casa's columns end, 5 feet seems about right.

I have the schematics (is that the right word?) for my Casa unit down to the millimetre. I also am living in an apartment now with a balcony that is exactly 5 feet deep. It looks as though the balconies will be 5 feet minus an inch or two for the glass walls of the building and minus and inch or so for any railing overhang that falls back onto the width of the balcony.

Of course, there's no way to confirm that until Tomms goes on a little expedition with a tape measure in the coming months. (The on-site security guard is already aware of me, so Tomms it's up to you). We can start a collection if you require bribe money.

August 31 update

Work on the floor of the 10th level is well underway.

wow great progress on Casa, more than 2 floors constructed in 2 weeks .... casaguy must be happy :D

Casa Condominium Progress, Sept. 13, 2008

Finishing up the flooring of the 12th level. 35 more levels to go.

If you look at the first pic, on the southwest corner, you can see that folks on the 7th and 8th floor have joined two units together.

That would make those two corner units 1475 sq ft interior and 334 sq ft balcony.

And yes, the 2 construction elevators are ready to go...

At work on the flooring of the 13th level. (Which in the end, ridiculously, would be called the 14th floor).

Back