heres a shot from the casa website

2871116798_ed7499317f_o.jpg

That's right... I knew I saw that image somewhere. So in fact, the marketing image is correct. That would be the view from the tower looking kinda southwest.

It also appears someone took the liberty of drawing in random towers to represent CityPlace.

Casa Condominium Progress, Sept 19, 2008

Finishing up the flooring of the 13th level. 34 more to go.

Interesting that the ceiling for the 5th floor amenities level will be slanted/beveled/vaulted. (What's the right word for this effect?) None of the close-up renders show this feature.

DSCN3757.jpg

DSCN3760.jpg

casa919pan.jpg

^Probably has something to do with it being a load transfer floor.

Glass should start going on soon--by early November?

Looking at SSP's Vancouver section today, I was struck how much this CASA project reminds me of Vancouver's Shangri-la--ie, built next to an old church.

I haven't been able to get a straight answer on exactly what the glass will look like, but I have a feeling once it shows up it will be the target of severe criticism or tremendous raves. I hope Cresford doesn't cheap out on this.

Casaguy,

Any word on when they will begin building out the glass lobby area? Also, will they be removing the trees at the front of the site for this feature?

I'm only guessing, but I would imagine they would wait until the building is topped out to add the extension onto the front. It seems like they need this access to the site as you can see by the truck parked there in the above photo. As for the trees, they do seem to look like they're struggling a bit so it wouldn't surprise me if they were replaced with younger trees. The middle tree is definitely dead so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Casa Condominium Progress, Sept 26, 2008

Working on the flooring of the 14th level. 33 more to go.

DSCN3782.jpg

Nice,, if I get a scholarship for Visual Arts maybe I'll be able to rent a little pad here! Only now iIve discovered my dream west view has bit the dust with the 99m tower next door. Aw well:) just 1 and a half more years in Vancouver.. Haven't been to t.O since July of 2005.

Only now iIve discovered my dream west view has bit the dust with the 99m tower next door. Aw well:)

Did I miss something or are you referring to the east side?

Evan is mistaken. The potential new 99 metre tall neighbour to CASA will be on the east side. (Those first 33 floors of Casa's east side would be screwed out of a view.)

In other news, CASA is really making an impression now from Yonge & Bloor now that the 1 Bloor lot has been leveled.

^That development has Casa as being west of it according to the pdf report -- hence it is east of Casa. It also gives a height of 107m for the new development.

hmmm... may be a dumb question, but since I've never lived in a high rise before Im going to ask it...
If you were on floor 20, facing east (portofino model), Im assuming you wouldnt get a view anymore... But what about sunlight? Would you be in constant shade from the proposed new building?

If the Portofino suite is below the height of the proposed building, there would be very little direct sunlight. At some point late morning/early afternoon perhaps some direct sunlight would squeeze through but I don't think it would last long and it certainly wouldn't flood the suite with sunlight.

Back