Absolutely gorgeous night picture, Redroom! Excellent exposure.
I just love the way this building has the corner pillars set back into the interior. It gives the feeling of those corner suites just floating out there. I hope this effect holds when the glass goes in. :)

Absolutely gorgeous night picture, Redroom! Excellent exposure.
I just love the way this building has the corner pillars set back into the interior. It gives the feeling of those corner suites just floating out there. I hope this effect holds when the glass goes in. :)

Speaking of those pillars, has anyone seen any kind of furniture, shelving or cladding that can go on them. I'm pretty sure the pillars are about the same size in every condo. I'm thinking some kind of collar made of wood or resin that can hold books or just be decorative.

Well, it looks like the under-the-balcony paint is being tested on the NW corner of the 7th floor. Not sure if I like the hot WHITE colour - it creates too strong a contrast between that and the black-ish brick. An off-white or charcoal grey might look better:cool:

^Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check it out this weekend. I can't imagine they'd go for a pure white for this. I wonder if it's some sort of sealant undercoating before the paint goes on...?

Speaking of those pillars, has anyone seen any kind of furniture, shelving or cladding that can go on them. I'm pretty sure the pillars are about the same size in every condo. I'm thinking some kind of collar made of wood or resin that can hold books or just be decorative.

If the pillar is in front of a wall I think that'd be a great idea. I know someone who built a simple, straight bookshelf between the back of the pillar and the wall. That works well too and is rather hidden.

If though, like in Casa, the pillar is in front of all glass I'm not sure it'd look very appealing. I'd imagine you'd want the pillar and area around it to be as clean and clear as possible.

2940792130_204b11d9bc_b.jpg

2940665964_3297c4478d_b.jpg

As of today, they're now finished the flooring of the 17th level. 30 more to go.

You can see they're continuing to work on the expansion of the lobby.

Also, here's a pic of the white that was being tested for the undersides of the balconies. No designer with any talent would ever settle for this Walmart White colour, so my best guess is that they're using this white as a "jumping off point" to settle on an appropriate colour tone.

Don't drink and post. This Halloween, UrbanToronto urges you to post responsibly.

Oct 19th

:)Took a few pictures today showing a fallen drunk at the park (very busy today), a westerly view with the sunset, lobby expansion, pool deck on top of podium, balcony paint and rear of building. Does anyone have any idea how thay will build this pool? It appears like a flat slab to me.

Attachments

• lobby.JPG
    lobby.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 355
  • Paint.JPG
    Paint.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 366
  • Pool.JPG
    Pool.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 343
  • rear.JPG
    rear.JPG