I walked by this evening and this baby is stunning

I really think this is the sexiest new condo going up in the city. With 1BE being in a holding pattern, I also believe this will be one of the most high-profile, and easily visible buildings in the Charles/Bloor/Yonge neighbourhood. The imminent rise of the Uptown and Crystal Blu, along with the redevelopment of Bloor Street will change the face of this part of the city, to a great extent. Let's hope that Cresford goes ahead with the planned under-the-balcony paint. A light grey would look awesome.:)

You're right, Casaguy - they cut down two or three trees in front of the post office a couple of months ago. It's too bad, since they seemed healthy.

Thanks for the updates, Casaguy.
I must say, the glass has been handled excellently on this one - it's looking great.
This refined sleekness of surface is what Sp!re promised but failed to deliver. It's looking better than in the renders, I think - a really sophisticated handling of restraint. It's great seeing this one go up.

Last edited:
5 February 2009 photo update

What it looks like from the west end:

DSC00041-5.jpg

DSC00027-1.jpg

where's that shot taken from? landsdowne?

sun083.jpg
CASA & BSN from Grosvenor. Moving? As a matter of fact, yes. New residents of these 2 buildings
will be happily esconsed in their brand new digs in time for Halloween.

Last edited:
Talk about density! Thanks for the pic!

Yes, we're moving towards fabulous density in the core. Another 200-300 towers in this area and it will look dynamite. As long as we can avoid the mistakes made on Bay. We needed more buildings like Sutton Place and Murano, and less of the rest.

February 10 2009 update

Northwest View
IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

5th Floor Amenities Podium - garage's partially exposed below
IMG_0708.jpg

Southwest View - with BSN peeking out from behind
IMG_0705.jpg

Southeast View - sharp angle ... sharp podium brick
IMG_0711.jpg

Hoist Elevators on the south side
IMG_0710.jpg

East View - with BSN in the background
IMG_0704.jpg

Great shots, Solaris. Thanks! Looks like they're working on the 33rd level now and they've begun glassing-in the 5th floor amenities.

I love the skinny profile shots of BSN (sorry to write this in the Casa thread, it was in the picture!!!)

Back