By golly this area is dense, I love it. Hopefully more and more of downtown will fill out like this. Toronto, I love you, but you've still got way too much wasted space that's craving some delicious density.

Casa on the far right among other towers from Balmuto

3280570178_2dc2f6993b_o.jpg

An assortment of pics taken today. The very first pic is a super-sized panorama.

(Photos are not to be used by Cresford without first asking permission. Taking other people's work and passing it off as your own is not cool... nor is it legal.)

Thanks, Redroom.

Construction question:

I'm wondering how they join/seal the concrete walls dividing the units to the outer glass wall. If the mullions between each glass strip are 1 or 2 inches wide, and the concrete wall is 4 or 5 inches thick how do they join up cleanly?

Thanks, Redroom.

Construction question:

I'm wondering how they join/seal the concrete walls dividing the units to the outer glass wall. If the mullions between each glass strip are 1 or 2 inches wide, and the concrete wall is 4 or 5 inches thick how do they join up cleanly?

i'm sure they'll be sealed inside (unit to unit) with a thermal/accoustical strip of something (plastic, metal, wood, pre engineered strip,etc.) and i doubt this would be (very) visible from the exterior and therefore not a concern. plus between glazing and most other mediums (intersecting) there is usually an architectural 'gap' or reveal -visual separation.
-this is my opinion -for this (contemporary) bldg.

Last edited:
Thanks, qwerty. I guess I was concerned that it would be easy for sounds from your neighbour to seep through the part where the wall meets the window.

The frame is generally about an inch wide for that kind of application, but you also have to remember that builders generally put an opaque piece of glass in front of dividing walls, so what you really have is an inch of frame, a foot or two of opaque glass (with a backpan behind it), and then another inch of frame, so that they really have all kinds of space in which to build partition walls.

Interesting. Manulife looks like a big stiffy in the late afternoon sun from down east.

Question: Why does this building have so much parking? I think about 5 levels below grade and 5 above. Will some of it be public parking? Thanks.

It's 4 above grade for sure and I believe it's 4 below. I'm not certain but some parking could be guest pay parking (not really needed right now with the green P across the road but what if that gets knocked down in a few years) or some could be reserved for the children's aid. Or in the case that it's all for CASA residents I could argue that there are many units in this building for the size of it's footprint. The lot itself isn't big and the building itself uses all of it. Additionally, there aren't many "large" units re-enforcing that there are more units in the building than one might think, remember also that it's a 47 level condo which needs more than a 20-30 level one obviously.

Back