The thing about painting that outside edge is, what do you do when they need re-painting. The glass is very close to the concrete so you would have to take apart all the balconies just to paint that little edge. Tinted glass would have solved the problem and it's a good idea because you don't see all the junk that some people leave on their balcony.

I think it's a bit too early to assume Cresford won't paint the undersides of the balconies. (We've had this discussion before, haven't we?)

I seem to recall being assured on numerous occassions that they would be painted. Why would they test a section if they didn't intend on doing it? Charles Street will soon be a showcase for their product. They'd be fools not to have both buildings looking their best. I'm sure they're just waiting for the weather to warm up. There's no real reason why the painting has to begin before the spring.

I know... I was addressing dventura's earlier concerns.

I can't imagine though that the outer edges of the balconies will be that noticeable if the glass snugs up so close to it. Reflections, etc would mask it I think... and really, the only person who'd be able to see it would be the window washer who's hanging on the outsides of the balcony.

At most, it may only be an issue for the first few floors since people on the amenities level lounging by the pool with smart cocktails would get the closest view of the outer edges.

Actually, it`s very visible standing across the street at BSN. The glass is totally transparent so you see the concrete 100%. I`m not saying the undersides of the balconies wont be painted. I just don`t understand why if they are gonna paint the undersides of the balconies when the weather warms up why they wouldn`t have done so before attaching the balcony glass...they could have waited to slap the glass on the balconies until after painting...it`s not like they couldn`t have done that. Which leads me to wonder if in fact they will actually paint anything, we`ll have to wait and see. By the way, the edge at the ARC isn`t painted...they slapped this slick glossy finish between the underneath edge and the glass. It makes the whole building look totally seamless. Now if something like that were to be done at CASA...although it would have to be done with a different technique...the building would be stunning.

The outer edges of Murano's balconies are painted gray while the undersides are painted white. Perhaps once the undersides of Casa's balconies are painted the impact of the unpainted outer edges will be muted, although the opposite may be the case too. Or there may be a way to paint the edges safely even after the glass railings have been installed and that is in fact what will be done.

^there are a few folks who will suggest that it is a minor miracle that Casa is actually rising... nevermind its much-aligned shorter sister to the north.

Perhaps we are viewing Casa throught a lens coloured ala "OMG... a Cresford project that looks good and is within a decade of being on schedule".

On a positive note, the corny ubiquitous rant "location location location" married to the superficial impression of Casa as a special glassy address, should help you hold on to some equity in the long run.... despite its Cresford heritage.

LOL 3D ... you made some good points, and I certainly enjoyed your humour in it ~

dventura ... while I agree with you that 'Cresford Heritage' doesn't go over too well in many people's books, and I agree that ARC is a good looking building outside, I will disagree with you strongly that Daniels is a reputatable builder constructing quality buildings.

You should note Daniels condos look good on the outside (contrary to UT standards, I sort of like New York Towers style of design), but if you look inside these Daniels condos (including NY Towers, One Park Tower, The Capital, Festival Tower), they are generally finished poorly inside the unit with low grade materials and crappy workmanship ... except for really high end products like Kilgour Estates at Bayview + Lawrence

Didn't know about that Solaris, thanks. Festival Tower is yet to be complete...but I know that they are advertising extremely high quality finishes in that one. Do you know what Cresford's reputation is as far as interior finishing?

Casa, BSN, from the brownfields near Bay and Wellesley

casaj.jpg

DT, that's definitely gonna become my new wallpaper... Now all we need is for Tomms to swoop in with his addition to this thread...

I'll do a similar update in a month or two :)

I walked onto the site last night and tried to get up to my unit to take pictures...unfortunately at the top of the 4th staircase it was boarded off. I was so excited to see the amenities floor and walk into the units, so imagine the let down when I saw it boarded off. A couple observationsm, from P4-4, double stair wells, pretty tall flights of stairs. The area outside of the stairs and would be elevators is pretty small, the building really isn't all that big when you're on the inside. I guess it makes sense when you do the math...not sure the exact number but say 350 parking spots / 8 floors is approx 40 per floor...so that's room for about 10 cars per side...much smaller than your typical parking lot.

Wow, very brave of you. Too bad you couldn't make it up beyond the 4th floor. I wonder what would have happened if you bumped into the security guard.

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but the top 5 or 6 floors can already be seen from Yonge & St. Clair. The Bay tower blocks BSN from that position.

There's a security guard there at night? lol If I knew that there's no way I'd have gone...what do you think would have happned? I know it's trespassing but I look pretty innocent and would have simply said stupidly that I'm a unit holder and wanted to see the progress on my unit...didn't know I wasn't allowed.

Back