Awesome pic! For some reason BSN is really growing on me. The design isn't great offcourse but it resembles somewhat of a Manhattan condo. It fits in well with the area.

A neighbour who looks right into Casa's windows confirms that drywall is definitely up on the lower floors.

There's alchemy in how Clewes transforms base materials into design gold, employing the same, simple, instantly recognizable template. To take up a point made earlier, there's a kinship between his designs but they're all distinctively different.

12 March 2009 photo update

30 minutes ago I noticed CASA is officially taller than BSN:

dsc01054a.jpg

I had a very very good look at CASA BSN and Murana today. Call me biased but without a doubt CASA looks like one of the most beautiful buildings in the city I don't think Murano even comes close. Yes they are both glass and that makes them similar but with CASA its all about the symetry and it may be subtle but in my opinion makes a big difference is the symetry og the glass as well. They are solid sheets top to bottom and all equal size except for the every 3rd pane or so that has a thng to slide open but those are all consistent throughout the building. With Murano you've got the odd pane of glass that looks onlt 1.5 feet wide. I know its a small thing but it makes a big difference to the over all look. I can't wait to see CASA with the grand entrance and hat. We should see it that way in 3 months. Stay tuned for lots of close up pics of both CASA and BSN. There was too much glare to look inside and see any dry wall. I'm not sure how anyone can see that unless they're inside the office building next door or childrens aid.

^I think both Casa and Murano are shaping up to be quite stellar projects. I think it's still too soon for a definitive judgement.

There was too much glare to look inside and see any dry wall. I'm not sure how anyone can see that unless they're inside the office building next door or childrens aid.

And that was how "a neighbour who looks right into Casa's windows" could see it.

-----------

Some pics from this morning...

DSCN4340.jpg

^From Spadina & Harbord

DSCN4343.jpg

^From Yonge & St. Joseph

DSCN4345.jpg

Above and below from Church St.

DSCN4347.jpg

From Charles & Balmuto Sts.
Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

A few more to add to the collection. The last level of glassed-in balconies is the 20th floor. They are pouring the 36th floor now. Another 10 or 11 to go...

First pic is a jumbo "verto-rama"...

Last edited:
Quick question: I didn't want stucco, and didn't want to pay a million $ for smooth ceiling, so opted for exposed concrete. They made me sign my life away (not responsible for markings, nails, or sealing for concrete). Problem is, it looks like my unit has a lot of soot (almost black from below). Does anyone know of a company that could treat/seal this or even polish it? I saw some workers use a machine (very dusty) to smooth over under a balcony, and hope they do this to my unit. Anyone know what this machine is called?
Thnx

A concrete grinder? Not expensive, and Stephenson's might rent them, but you'd be better getting someone to do it for you or you'll get an uneven finish

Back