I am starting to wonder if we are getting a bit too many Clewes in the area - in the north we have Four Seasons x2 and 18 Yorkville; to the West we have St. Michaels x2, Murano x2, Burano; to the East we have 22 Wellesley, Radio City x2 and to the south, Spire and Mozo (and I'd probably left out a whole bunch). That's a lot of buildings by the same firm. I wonder if there are any historical precidents approaching such.

AoD

Well, there's about 7000 apartment buildings throughout the suburban 416 that look more or less exactly the same...our commie blocks would make an interesting 'guess the underprivileged neighbourhood' game. Then there's something like Tridel's in house design team, responsible for many more.

Well, there's about 7000 apartment buildings throughout the suburban 416 that look more or less exactly the same...our commie blocks

I am dearly hoping that the number of those is not so depressingly high.

There's nothing depressing about them - commie block clusters might be Toronto's distinguishing characteristic and the reason our suburbs actually function.

really i think if more are converted into more condo's or renovated they would be better places to live.

I don't see the need for a restrictive quota on the number of Clewes/aA buildings. It's not as if they're all identical.

I am starting to wonder if we are getting a bit too many Clewes in the area - in the north we have Four Seasons x2 and 18 Yorkville; to the West we have St. Michaels x2, Murano x2, Burano; to the East we have 22 Wellesley, Radio City x2 and to the south, Spire and Mozo (and I'd probably left out a whole bunch). That's a lot of buildings by the same firm. I wonder if there are any historical precidents approaching such.

AoD

The Clewes buildings provide a solid reason to name this new province Clewesia when we separate from the rest of Ontario...

...so I don't see the problem.

There's nothing depressing about them - commie block clusters might be Toronto's distinguishing characteristic and the reason our suburbs actually function.

I didn't mean the apartment blocks; I was making reference to the "commie block" styling of them.

I know, but it makes their styling less depressing, even outright bearable, to have them scattered about the 416, hidden away in ravine nooks or huddled together at major intersections. Imagine if they were all in one place...the original concern was about "two many Clewes in one area?", remember.

AoD

-like too many Victorians in Cabbagetown?

Thanks for posting the picture updates! I used to live right nearby, but moved in May. It's nice to be able to see the progress again.

Re: Sanctuary
For a few years, I walked past daily on my way to work. The people there never caused any problems.

Back