Great pictures! Manulife has aged so gracefully. It's a gorgeous, elegant tower. A tasteful monolith that continues to challenge its age. One of my favourite buildings in the world.

That's interesting, to me Manulife is among my top 10 least favorate highrises. Very sweet apartments in there though so I'll give it that.

Manulife is easily one of my favorite towers in Toronto - it certainly has aged well and maintains a very strong presence in the skyline.

Casa Condominium Progress Aug 10, 2007

Just received the first CASA newsletter for owners. Cresford says the crane is scheduled to be installed at the end of September.

Not too much change since last month... Didn't even look as though anyone showed up for work today.

1casaAug10.jpg

2casaAug10.jpg

3casaAug10.jpg

4casaAug10.jpg

Casa Condominium Progress Aug 17, 2007

It's all I can do not to show up with my own shovel and help them hurry it along...

2CasaAug17.jpg

1CasaAug17.jpg

You could stand on the edge of the pit, shouting "faster! FASTER!" for a couple of hours each day. Perhaps while making vigourous digging gestures?

Already tried that.

And they're not amused when you point repeatedly to your watch either.

There are 4 levels of underground parking... how much further do you think they need to go?

2CasaAug17.jpg

If there are only four levels of parking, it's possible that they have gone down far enough. I'm trying to judge by looking at the car in the photo. It would be odd if they excavated to this point and levelled the ground if they were planning to continue digging further down, but I am no expert. It is certainly much shallower than the dig for ROCP which was really really deep and the Festival Tower which is quite impressive as well.

If there are only four levels of parking, it's possible that they have gone down far enough. I'm trying to judge by looking at the car in the photo. It would be odd if they excavated to this point and levelled the ground if they were planning to continue digging further down, but I am no expert. It is certainly much shallower than the dig for ROCP which was really really deep and the Festival Tower which is quite impressive as well.

The horizontal lines on the basement walls of the building next door suggest it only has 3 levels, so maybe one more floor down? They added piles along that edge, presumably for shoring.

The horizontal lines on the basement walls of the building next door suggest it only has 3 levels, so maybe one more floor down? They added piles along that edge, presumably for shoring.

You may very well be right. I hadn't thought to look at the image showing that wall.

There will be 8 levels of parking. 4 underground and 4 above ground behind the lobby.

Seems to me like they've still got atleast another 8 more feet to dig.

lobby.jpg

Some pics of the model, just because.

I happened by the sales office today and was told that the lower floors can expect to move in a year and a half.... but it will be two and a half years for the higher floors.... hmmm.

sales1.jpg

sales2.jpg

Back