coming along nicely ...
now only if Cresford could dramatically improve their bad reputation ...

This building sure is a good start with revitalizing their reputation.
Now that the painted balcony slab controversy is behind us, I'm dying to see how the roof top feature and lobby progresses.

Taken from Unwin Ave. this morning (next to the lake):

DSCN4571.jpg

And definitely a happy sight to see. I'm sure this painter is very good at his job, but I'm not sure how precise this painting job will be with the railings and glass already in place.

Note the shattered panes of glass...

DSCN4575.jpg

DSCN4576.jpg

It will be interesting to see how I adjust to having the kitchen essentially in the living room. It's nice to be able to keep dirty dishes/pots/counters out of sight in another room while entertaining.

Along with the newsletter that Cresford sent out yesterday they have supplied each owner with a "Brick" discount card that gives owners 10%-25% off select items. That's nice but...

This is a 46 storey glass tower with more than 400 suites that will desperately need metre after metre after metre of window-coverings. I recall salesperson Daciana assuring me that there will be a deal coming our way. That would be great if that was indeed true.

What window covering company wouldn't be TRIPPING OVER THEMSELVES to secure a massive order like this while giving condo owners an awesome deal? Hopefully this is, in fact, in the works.

I hope this isn't an inappropriate post, I guess the mods will let me know. My wife is a life long seamstress who specializes in drapes & slipcovers. She has 100's of customers in the downtown core and has worked in many of the areas condos. Very reasonable prices and high quality work. PM me for pix, prices or questions. Thks.

I hope this isn't an inappropriate post, I guess the mods will let me know. My wife is a life long seamstress who specializes in drapes & slipcovers. She has 100's of customers in the downtown core and has worked in many of the areas condos. Very reasonable prices and high quality work. PM me for pix, prices or questions. Thks.

In my opinion it isn't inappropriate since you're known on the forum. If you signed up just to post this, then I would reverse my stance.

So turns out they are able to paint the balcony facings even with the glass on them already. This is great great news. In my opinion, hypothetically speaking, if they only painted one or the other (the facings or the undersides). From what I've seen from street level...the painting of the facings is more impactful in terms of the look of the building. Of course as a resident though it's much more important when you're sitting on your balcony and from within your unit that the undersides are painted. I'm just talking about the building visually from the exterior.

So turns out they are able to paint the balcony facings even with the glass on them already. This is great great news. In my opinion, hypothetically speaking, if they only painted one or the other (the facings or the undersides). From what I've seen from street level...the painting of the facings is more impactful in terms of the look of the building. Of course as a resident though it's much more important when you're sitting on your balcony and from within your unit that the undersides are painted. I'm just talking about the building visually from the exterior.

My bad...I must be going mad...when I first saw that pic I thought I saw the balcony edges being painted...but It doesn't look like that's the case.

I really like how Casa adds to the Yonge-Bloor skyline, especially while driving south on the DVP past Millwood. Nice to see another glass building join the party of Marriot, 2 Bloor East/West, Manulife and 18 Yorkville.

Last edited:

I hope this chap has a good health plan for masseurs included in his benefits package, he's going to need it. He has one hell of a job ahead of him!

When this is complete and the windows cleaned, this building will positively sparkle.

Who knows, but I hope they go from floor to ceiling to provide good privacy. I'm sure thy won't though.

There's another minor peeve of mine, opaque dividers and/or dividers that have an opening at the bottom and only stand about 6' high. I presume it might be an aesthetic decision to install dividers such as this on balconies.

Great to see the balconies being painted. It'll lighten up some of the building's visual bulk.

19 May 2009 photo update

dsc00178p.jpg

I really like how Casa adds to the Yonge-Bloor skyline, especially while driving south on the DVP past Overlea. Nice to see another glass building join the party of Marriot, 2 Bloor East/West, Manulife and 18 Yorkville.

Marcus: Oddly enough, last Saturday afternoon provided me an opportunity to take a photo from that very spot!

dsc01655.jpg

Last edited:
Err, for some reason I always think Millwood is Overlea, I just don't know why. Nice shot UD. Once the glass is all the way up and with some sun, it will look great from there.

This neighborhood will be so incredibly different in time for film festival 2010.

My guess in order of completion (well first occupancy):

CASA - December 2009
BSN - January 2010
Crystal Blu - May 2010
X - Spring - May 2010
The Uptown - August 2010
The possibility of construction at 1 Bloor?

I think it will be close between X & Crystal Blu, I think most people would say X will finish first. X is currently 6 floors farther along but it's also 8 floors higher. I think it's easier to pick a finish time for X given the very good pace they've been moving at on a consistent basis. I think with Crystal Blu it could go either way. The dual construction can hold back Crystal Blu on it's site but I think it's tiny footprint and small number of units per floor (in other words minimal concrete to be poured per floor) give it the potential to really fly at an even a quicker rate that we've seen at X, as hard as that is to imagine.

Back