Welcome to the forum, Asek, and thx for the insider info!

Last edited:
22 May 2009 photo update

The view from the peanut gallery:

dsc00518z.jpg

May 22nd

From Hayden & Church (BSN + Casa)

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

^Yes.

I am waiting for Crystal Blu, Uptown, 77 Charles, Minto St Thomas, 4 Seasons 1&2, 1 Bedford, X, Milan, and more to make an appearance on the skyline soon.:) (I can see Minto Sky from mpov as well.)

Last edited:
To respond to dventura about topping off in June.
if they're on 45 now, 46 next week (done May 30)
then they have the mech penthouse for which they can't use their typical forms so the carpenters will have to build those "custom" forms for the 47th floor. This could take the best part of 2 weeks and then they still need to build the roof which again will be with custom forms... another 2 weeks. And for all I know there might even be an intermediate level in the mech penthouse before the roof...
So I think July is more realistic than June. Maybe if you show up on site with tim hortons coffee and tim bits then they'll go at it a bit faster!

Thanks for the info. Asek and welcome to UT. I look forward to reading more of your posts on issues such as this.

Sadly, some loser spray-painted graffiti all over the beautiful black brick on the east side next to the parking garage entrance.

I know they can't be everywhere at once, but it doesn't say too much for the on-site security.

May 23 2009 update

View of Casa from the east on Charles Street

IMG_3838.jpg

^Probably just blocking off traffic for construction vehicles, I would think.

Taken this morning:

DSCN4584_2.jpg

They are half-way done the flooring for the 46th level so this may indeed be the final floor before the mechanical/hat start to take shape.

I couldn't bring myself to snap a pic of the vandalized brick.

Back