If I am reading the site plans properly, it's a combined parking garage for the two Casas with entry under Casa II and the exit under Casa III.

Heading for graAde
zzpDMVr.jpg

I'm curious for how long the block of low-rises between Church and this project will survive. Might not be easy to assemble the site from all the disparate parts, but it's ripe for the picking. Are there any buildings that would be difficult to purchase and demolish?

I do hope that any of the undergroundstores are kept. or the buildings which have them. Thats part of toronto charm for me anyways. The hidden some what sketchy stores most people walk by. I go to them for the jewlery and t-shirts and posters and some rare kinda stuff. Cant recall the name of the store. But, I go every time im in Toronto. And wile shiny and new buildings are great its some of those ratty buildings that add character making Toronto different from other cities. And yes other cities have they're share of them to, but not layed out like Younge street and even Queen street. At least, not as long of a stretch on a single road or street. Toronto is very unique and we really dont have that many heritage buildings. We should save what we have left. a shame about that fire long ago that destroyed so many gems.

Naymark's article (from April) has a veneer of good writing (a surface that's ripped open in places) and reveals a cursory understanding of what's happening. Some of its problems include that it…

1) needs to be proofread: there a enough typos in there are some sentences are head scratchers
2) is very selective in how it portrays UrbanToronto membership
3) is very selective in how it portrays Toronto development

It's pretty much an unresearched observer's screed which, while it brings up issues worth considering, is a very subjective view purporting to be factual.

Back