The pricing is higher than most of us would of expected. What i am reading into this is that there may not be any other projects in the Y/B area scheduled over the next year or so. So if you want something new in the area you may not have many options. Five St. Joseph is also available now, but i think Charles and Yonge is a better location for those that want it. We know there isn't a lot of available land left in the area without moving farther out towards, for example, Jarvis.

I posted on this in the Five thread, but Y/B pricing has been an absolute bargain IMO compared to the rest of the city. This is a very prestigous area, yet people were paying more for resales at the very average and hectic location of Maple Leaf Sq than when i bought my resale earlier this year at CASA. Mind boggling to me. Is Chaz the beginning of the correction of the price distortion in the marketplace i have mentioned? We'll see......stay tuned on this one!!!!

I might also mention that resales way out king west were also higher than at CASA earlier in the year....again, i just didn't get it, but i took action and bought at CASA. If you like the Y/B area, i would suggest you scoop up a resale as soon as you can before the resale prices adjust up as well.

I might also mention that resales way out king west were also higher than at CASA earlier in the year....again, i just didn't get it, but i took action and bought at CASA. If you like the Y/B area, i would suggest you scoop up a resale as soon as you can before the resale prices adjust up as well.

King West is a highly sought after area though...and if we're talking about the Freed lofts, I think they're a bit more upscale than Casa. Some people are willign to pay a little more for concrete ceilings and gasslines on their bbq's. My point is...not eeryone sees Y&B as an appealing area or Casa as an appealing building.

King West is a highly sought after area though...and if we're talking about the Freed lofts, I think they're a bit more upscale than Casa. Some people are willign to pay a little more for concrete ceilings and gasslines on their bbq's. My point is...not eeryone sees Y&B as an appealing area or Casa as an appealing building.

Totally agree. I'd take something at M5V, Charlie, Victory or most of the Freed projects over Casa, Chaz, Bloor Street Neighbourhood and 1 Bloor (even though that's a different animal altogether) anyday. I am simply speaking in terms of price and location, no offence to these developments in particular or anyone who lives in them, I'm sure the buildings are great. Location is in the eye of the buyer and while one might assume that everyone wants to live as close to Yonge and Bloor as possible, that isn't always the case. If I were to live up by Yonge and Bloor, in the north end of downtown, I'd be partial to going west of Yonge. U Condos, Museum House, One Bedford, 77 Charles (yes I know they're all crazy expensive, but so is Chaz) etc. I'd much rather live around U of T/Queen's Park than Bloor or Charles East when price comes into play. I'm sure you could find a good unit somewhere around Bloor west of Bay that is priced lower than Chaz.

Totally agree. I'd take something at M5V, Charlie, Victory or most of the Freed projects over Casa, Chaz, Bloor Street Neighbourhood and 1 Bloor (even though that's a different animal altogether) anyday..

No way the land cost at King west could be anywhere near Y/B.

They had a little blimp taking pictures of the views buyers will get from Chaz. This was Tuesday morning. It said Blimp Pics on the side of it. It didn't look to the west very often. The pic is from mid level. It went much higher also.

Attachments

• IMG_0854.jpg
    IMG_0854.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 313
Looking at the pic again it seems to be at 1 Bloor. But at some points Casa was behind it so it must have been pics for Chaz.

So, if Chaz seems like such a disaster in the works; well, all the more reason to advocate the project's cancellation. And then, we take to what's *truly* important, i.e. designating the existing 45 Charles E...

Not sure why there is so much negative feedback on the forum. Overall, i really like the building and the floorplans.

This forum always skews in one direction. For example BSN floorplans and interiors are far superior to CASA but most people on this forum can't look past the exterior.

Totally agree. I'd take something at M5V, Charlie, Victory or most of the Freed projects over Casa, Chaz, Bloor Street Neighbourhood and 1 Bloor (even though that's a different animal altogether) anyday.

Agreed. Don't forget 400 Wellington, a hidden gem.

wow, looks like this development was designed 100% for investors.
Poorly designed small units, mediocre finishes, generic design... no thanks.

I see this place going to be mostly rentals after it's built.

neuhaus: even investors understand the difference between good and bad floor plan. So, no, this is not a development designed for 100% investors... maybe new investors/first-time buyers wanting to desperately get in to the market/area.

This forum always skews in one direction. For example BSN floorplans and interiors are far superior to CASA but most people on this forum can't look past the exterior.

I like the outside of BSN...looks very nice. The floorplans are fine. The bigger problem with BSN is that there is a lot of 'filler' in the building...units that are only units with not much view. In fact, many on the lower floors don't have full balconies, only those french style where you can go out and stand and have a smoke. Lots of buildings have filler of course, but since BSN is not an overly huge building, and gets very narrow at the top, the filler comprises a disproportionate amount of the building. JMO.

Oh, the other point is the 'L' shape of BSN. The units on the inside of the 'L' don't get the privacy, especially on the balcony, that you get in a square or rectangular building like CASA. So for me (i cancelled a iunit here 6 years ago!), it was the 'L' shape and the excess filler.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a ad for it in the Metro as well and I have to say the tower looked decent in the rendering. As for the layouts and such, I have no idea.

The snazzy Chaz restaurant, er, sales office by night

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Back