From today...
20100716081.jpg

20100716106.jpg

I wonder what this corner building is ? (the last photo above)

I seem to recall that Chicago's amenities are located on the top floor of the tower's podium ... makes me wonder what this corner 'feature' is ??

I wonder what this corner building is ? (the last photo above)

I seem to recall that Chicago's amenities are located on the top floor of the tower's podium ... makes me wonder what this corner 'feature' is ??

That's just the main/common entrance to the townhouse complex. Owners can either access their units from this entrance then through a corridor where there is a backdoor, so-to-speak, into their units or from their own outdoor entrances. They can get to the amendities (6th floor podium) from inside the townhouse complex via an underground passageway that leads to the garage as well. As with One Park Tower, I like this kind of set-up as opposed to the integrated townhouses in the Absolute community (not the MAD portion) where the townhouse inside backdoor opens to the underground garage.

The attention to detail on Chicago is actually quite stunning-- townhouses included.

You can never please everyone. Either it's too boxy at the top with exposed mechanicals, or it's too flat. *shakes head*

This is how it was supposed to look, and they did an awesome job of making it look just like the renders! Can't say that for many buildings.

For some reason this really reminds me of ROCP ... the difference being I like how they did the roof here better - seems to work with the building overall - but I like the townhomes at ROCP ... I think they're great actually, really fit into the building well.

When it comes to present-day architectural comparison points, how would a condo name like "Moscow" go over?

Back