• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Completely agree (so does the girlfriend)

I think I found a rendering:

BOA-tower-2.gif

Thats exactly what I was thinking. (Hi girlfriend!)

It does look a bit preliminary, but still looks very awesome. I can't wait to see what gets done with this lot.

^^^ forgive me if I'm not following along here but that is the Bank of America building in NYC, isnt it?

It is.

I was inelegantly drawing a comparison between BOA tower in New York and the proposed SITQ tower if it had a spire.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was trying to get the height on page 5 of the pdf. I can make out 19*.**m (190m = 623 ft, 200m = 656 ft) to the top of the roof, and count 50 storeys above ground level (plus 3 underground parking levels):

1: Street Lobby
2: Lobby/Cafeteria
3: Amenity Level
4: Amenity Mezzanine
5-6: Mechanical
7-32: Office
33: Mechanical
34: Mezzanine
35-47: Office
48-49: Enhanced Office
50: Penthouse

edit -- On closer examination, the listed height looks more like 29*.**m -- which would be more in line for a high-end office tower with 50 storeys these days (at least outside of Toronto, which traditionally builds quite low floor heights in its office buildings).

This is supported by the additional height measurement for the setback at the 25 storey level, about 40% of the total height, which appears to show 11*.**m, suggesting a total height in the 275m to 300m range

290m = 951 ft; 300m = 984 ft

Bill

Last edited:
It does look like it needs a spire or at least something spiky on top, but I say this only because the eastern half - the grey sloping bit, not the blue prismy bit - mimics the CN Tower's silhouette (on purpose?).

On closer examination, the listed height looks more like 29*.**m -- which would be more in line for a high-end office tower with 50 storeys these days (at least outside of Toronto, which traditionally builds quite low floor heights in its office buildings).

LOL, I see 320m at the tip and 76m at grade for a building height of 244m.

You could be right, it's hard to make out the numbers. We need a higher-quality scan to know for certain.

I will say that 50 storeys @ 244m would qualify the building as "high-budget" according to my estimates on post #73 earlier on this thread.

244m = 800 feet

jpeg capture compliments of Sacamano at SSP...

45bay.jpg

Back