• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
That is for the mechanical room and elevator at the north end as well the shirting around the top, otherwise the main steel tower is top off.

Not sure what definition you're using. There will be no more office floors going in, which may be what you mean, but there is definitely more steel going on top. The tower is not yet full height.

Sikandar's pic should be the pic of the day. ?
Too late ?
Used the last @sikandar sunset pic from that angle and thought "yea, nobody is topping this today"
Oops.

What a day!
9732B244-D35F-4EEF-A664-7F48AC9A8D4A.jpeg
E0FCD8EF-9933-4132-B189-3260A297D102.jpeg
8325F5F5-D98C-487F-A5E6-68BD1EEB218B.jpeg

Think you can now make out some of the formwork for some of the landscape design elements on the overbuild park -- I believe the oblong forming outlines indicate what will become the elevated grassy bits.

1583427869333.png

^ image from previous post

1583428054889.png

^ image from CIBC Square website

I think those renders are a little out of date for the final park layout, but you're correct, that's the formwork for the park features.

Metrolinx just sent this out. Is this new caissons for Phase 2? I had assumed all the caissons for Phase 1 are already done.

81 Bay Street Overbuild: Major works - Caisson Installation beginning March 4 - 25 (nighttime)

Please be advised that beginning on Wednesday, March 4 (nighttime) there will be Caisson installation work at the 81 Bay Street Overbuild. Work which will continue to tentatively March 25 will consist of the following work impacts:
Mobilization - prepping the area and setting up machinery
Drilling - creating the necessary holes for the caisson tubes
Drill rock and pour concrete - filling caisson tubes
Contingency - overflow days (if needed) have been incorporated into schedule of work
Demobilization - take-down of work machinery and clearing of work-site.

Some nighttime noise will be disruptive at times.

I Wish There Was More to Show, Friday

UP

IMG_2694.jpeg

MIDDLE

IMG_2695.jpeg

BOTTOM

IMG_2696.jpeg

EAST SIDE GENERAL

IMG_2697.jpeg

Almost finished the first few layers of waterproofing on this roof

IMG_2698.jpeg

Looking to the far east, adjacent to 18 Yonge St Condo Building they are installing metal grills to cover up the areas that were left open for ventilation of the mechanical room and bus depot

IMG_2699.jpeg

Back