• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Close-up of new 'pane' last evening, plus a couple enhanced by the marine inversion this morning.

CIBC.1.jpg

CIBC.2.jpg

CIBC.3.jpg

Last edited:
they are supposed to start the next tower soon, like july-ish, right?
Depends on what 'start' means to you. First the GO bus station needs to move - (probably by September), then they need to demolish the current one then excavate and only then start building. Actual building will certainly not start in 2020!

^ Well they better get a move on it because their tenants are expecting a finished 2nd tower by 2023. So let's hope they can build it in 2 years haha.

EDIT- 2024 is the targeted completion date my bad!

Last edited:
^ Well they better get a move on it because their tenants are expecting a finished 2nd tower by 2023. So let's hope they can build it in 2 years haha.
Though the footprint of Tower 2 is fairly small and I am not sure how deep it will be (and even though I think they have already started drilling and installing additional caissons in the rail berm) a 2023 completion for Tower 2 seems unreasonable to me - even if they were to start demolishing the GO Bus station tomorrow!

CIBC North has 4 floors of underground parking doesn't it? They'll be doing well to have GO moved out, excavate, and build back to ground level by start of 2023.

EDIT: Also, the target is end of 2024.

"The two towers that comprise CIBC SQUARE – 81 Bay Street (2020) and 141 Bay Street (2024) ..."​

Last edited:
You're right, I forgot it's 2024! I am getting my dates all mixed up. 2024 makes more sense, that's still 4 years away.

Back