• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date

travis3000

Member Bio
Reaction score
^ I love how this tower can appear different colours depending on what time of day it is. I've seen photos where it appears light blue, dark navy blue, green, or even clear colour.

Jasonzed

Member Bio
Reaction score
P1250715.JPG
P1250729.JPG
P1250732.JPG
DJI_0259.JPG

DJI_0257.JPG

1591754437790.png

3Dementia

Member Bio
Reaction score
Nice shots.

Regarding the 2 tower/1 building conceit, just my taste but Mburrrr's 2nd shot makes me wish the south volume was shorter and the north volume was taller (more soaring, less monolithic)... with additional height separation achieved by actual floors rather than just by the crowns. I realize this would be tough to resolve given the south (short) crown's impact on some additional north floors..

This may be the only thread complaint for a project with the best exterior cladding in recent memory... I won't do that again lol.

Last edited:

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
The article on the GO bus testing notes that there will be additional tests in August which would seem to support the September opening theory.

wmedia

Member Bio
Reaction score
mburrrrr's stunning first picture really shows how a single signature building can completely transform an entire area.

innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
Interesting it specifies the SuperLo Enviros - do we know if older generations will be able to access the facility too?
My understanding is that Metrolinx used to not bring the older double deckers downtown because they wouldn't fit under the rail corridor bridges, but with the terminal on the south side of the tracks, you would figure they would have built it to allow them.

The rail corridor wasn't the only spot on the GO network that had issues with the height of the regular enviro 500's, so maybe they are just planning to go with SuperLo's from now on for new vehicle orders and are only building for them because of that?

ProjectEnd

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Yep, that is the new SuperLo - designed specifically for the North American market.

Is it only the GO Bus terminal moving here? I have a vague recollection that they wanted to move the Bay Street terminal here as well - though I could, and probably am, misremembering.

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
Yep, that is the new SuperLo - designed specifically for the North American market.

Is it only the GO Bus terminal moving here? I have a vague recollection that they wanted to move the Bay Street terminal here as well - though I could, and probably am, misremembering.
It has not been stated categorically yet that all or some of the other buses from the Bay and Edward terminal will be moving down, but there probably will be.