• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Tonight

IMG_9138.PNG

I'm not sure why they need that crown. It doesn't have a fonction does it? I don't find it particularly appealing.

It's looking really great at night. Looking forward to hopefully seeing varying colours on those diamonds throughout the year.

It looks little off with only one side of the building's crowns lite up.

If the design was to create an illusion of two adjacent towers, the lighting of one side only fails to reflect that at night. Maybe there's more coming, but the height at the lower portion of the crown, even of lit would look minuscule compared to the big bright box next to it. They also probably will adjust the brightness of that light to blend slightly better with the interior lights of the floors below.

I'm sure there's more to come! or at least I hope.

Yeah unfortunately from what I've seen so far in these pictures, the lighting on this building is a big big big disappointment (granted pictures might not capture it and they haven't finished adjusting it yet). It barely looks coherent IMO. I really like the building otherwise, but I hope this is just the nature of how it looks in photos and in their testing phase, because what we're seeing so far is pretty disappointing.

The lights only lighting up the corners of the diamonds and barely at all defining the rest of the shape, combined with the lighting from within disrupting what little definition there is really isn't working. LED strips would have worked way better in hindsight. Perhaps they can retrofit the building in the future.

Last edited:
This futuristic train track overlook portion is fantastic. The partial decking over of the railway over the next decades in various different ways like this or more significant is going to be pretty cool to see happen and lead to some really interesting new kinda industrial futuristic spaces. Love it.

This futuristic train track overlook portion is fantastic. The partial decking over of the railway over the next decades in various different ways like this or more significant is going to be pretty cool to see happen and lead to some really interesting new kinda industrial futuristic spaces. Love it.
I'm sure we'll see it pop up in some action flicks.

Having lived in Hong Kong I can both confirm the bank of china tower looks brilliant at night and I was hoping wed have a similar effect here.

That building also defaults to white but occasionally is other colours and looks amazing which again is what I was hoping for.

Retrofitting is definitely an option and I hope they take the time to do so.

Back