• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Now this is what Im talking about!
This would certainly change that area, and change the look and feel of Toronto. Excellent project to break up the repeditive balcony and green glass theme through out that area. And As someone else on here said, with L Tower and Aura and soon to have projects like Picasso, One Bloor, Theatre Park, It sets the bar for more Interesting and still classy towers for the city.

Last edited:
Anyone care to count the floors for the tallest tower? :D

WEA-Rendering-1_hres_web.jpg

I count 58, but I am sure I am missing a few. That lobby alone looks 7 floors high.

The square footage of this building looks absolutely massive, in the range of 6 million square feet or more once that multi level podium above the tracks is counted. How the hell do they plan on filling this if it is all office space?

Anyone care to count the floors for the tallest tower? :D

I make it 59 floors, plus a very high base structure (the entire blue volume) equal in height to about 6 regular floors, and a tall architectural top of about equal height. Total height would be equivalent to about 70 office floors. At 4m per floor that's 280m or so. TD Canada Trust tower to its north is 263m to its top, and this building seems to be about 10% taller, or about 290m to the top.

Last edited:
Note the trees at the top of the towers. Seems like a green roof/forrest in the sky. Also note the company "Burberry" (a luxury British fashion house) has its name on the 4 story building over the railway. Already an interested tenant?

Just looking at this earlier pic....the tallest (north) tower is also a "twin"....

14861080601_d9a03a63df_o.png

What a change across from the ACC!

I would guess that the taller tower would be built after GO is done with its bus terminal, after all day GO train service is built out by around 2024.

That or they are planning to use a bus terminal in the building and trade it over to the regional buses once they are done with it 5 or so years after opening.

edit: gave it a bit more thought and actually read the application.

What appears to be happening is that they will be building the bus terminal in 45 bay street, as well as a department store over the rail tracks. Once the office building / bus terminal is done, they rip down the old bus terminal and build the department store. The taller tower comes in a later phase, as the development application only features a 4 floor base structure related to the department store and PATH connection on the north side of the tracks.

Last edited:
Is there any chance of these beauties actually getting approved and built at their current height?

If so, this is the only project I like more than Pinnacle One Yonge and Oxford Place.

These towers are absolutely breathtaking and are an amazing addition to our growing skyline. They do significantly increase density which I can see being an issue with some people in the city, but I feel like if there is any area in Toronto for a project in this scale, it would either have to be Bay Street (although I feel like Yonge Street can also easily support it as well which is why i still have hope for One Yonge).

I absolutely LOVE this, except for 1 thing. I don't like that they've built on top of the Dominion Public building. Leave that alone.

city council plzzzzzzzz don't chop down or don't reject that beauty.

59 or 58 storeys mean it will be more than 300m.

Last edited:

Back