• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
I am not confusing this development with the Oxford proposal. The south tower will have a new bus terminal at its base along with some retail, the towers will be completely office. The north tower will stand where the current bus terminal is.

Is the bus terminal open-air, or is it enclosed / multi-level like the terminal in NYC?

The south tower will have a new bus terminal at its base along with some retail, the towers will be completely office. The north tower will stand where the current bus terminal is.

Will the new bus terminal replace only the Greyhound one at Dundas, or also the GO terminal?

that's what I was getting at AoD.
Everyone was jumping to wild speculation. The post sounded way out there & needed some clarification.

Of course, that's the nature of the forum. I found your choice of words to be unnecessarily accusatory however - from the sounds of it, these rumors will be collaborative with other lines of evidence soon enough.

AoD

Last edited:
To a certain extent they do, yes. But is it enough to be the anchor tenant of a tower like this?
So much of TD is already in the TD Centre, plus the TD Canada Trust tower across the street. If they are looking to move out of the TD Centre then that would be a different story.
If EY is totally decamping from 222 Bay for the new EY Tower once it's completed then that would open up a big chunk of space in the only TD Centre tower that does not bear the TD name.

77 Bloor W and 110 Yonge St are the only non-TD Centre/TD Canada Trust tower addresses I can think of where TD has an actual presence downtown.
They've got a few floors of insurance at Yonge & Eglinton, a small footprint at 33 Bloor East, and some other small stuff uptown near NYCC.
Other than that it's Markham, Mississauga, The East Mall, Scarborough data operations, Burlington etc.
TD isn't nearly as widespread throughout downtown as say CIBC or RBC is, but consolidating far flung operations like Markham (which is huge) would be awesome.

-former employee here (When I worked at 77 Bloor there were often rumblings about us moving somewhere)

Few more TD locations at Richmond Adelaide Centre (120 and 130 Adelaide W)

It would be great if we do get a pedestrian overpass/park that extends over the tracks, but this site is still largely isolated from the southcore. If you've crossed the street there under the expressway you know what I mean. It seems like a waste to have a great link to the north that requires us to walk underneath the expressway.

There must be a solution to this. Maybe a PATH connection?

My ideal situation would be this:

1) Build new tower w/ GO and coach bus terminal at 45 Bay
2) Tear down existing GO bus terminal
3) Move ahead with tunneled Lakeshore GO line (1 of multiple options, including Bathurst Yards station, to head off max capacity on Union surface platforms in early 2030s). Excavate for the new station on the site of the current GO bus terminal behind the Dominion building.
4) Integrate the new Lakeshore GO station with the Dominion building entrance (I know its a federal building, but some space for pedestrian flow could be used). Call it Dominion Station if you want to differentiate it from Union. The entrance to Dominion matches the atrium entrance to Brookfield place at street level...the streetscape design of Front connecting Untion and Royal York Union could be replicated further east. It would also allow an alternate entrance into the Harbourfront LRT loop expansion underneath Bay St., relieving its only access from being Union.
5) Build a 2nd tower over the completed station, behind the Dominion Building, with an atrium from Bay to Yonge like Union Centre.

Voila...shift some passenger traffic and flow out of Union, but next door. Develop 2nd station in equally historic building fronting Front St. Essentially create an interconnected transit superblock.

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 203584 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Aug 8, 2014

Project: Non-Residential Building New Building

Description: To construct a 48 Storey office building with mechanical penthouse above; and bus terminal at street level.

TORONTO ON

Application#: 14 203589 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Aug 8, 2014

Description: Build structures for park above rail corridor on east side of Bay St

TORONTO ON M5J 1J5

Application#: 14 203592 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Aug 8, 2014

Description: To construct four storey building to connect with Bay St East Teamway & to elevated park to south.

I'm pumped!. Real curious to see what design they'll come up with. Although it seems like 48s isn't very large for this site. For an office tower that's at max like Bay-Adelaide level height right?

Back