• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
I thought security were only bugging people outside of business hours. Makes me hopeful that I won't have any problems with them when I head up there sometime.
There's security - at least one guy is inside the skypark 'lobby' or patrolling the park, but they don't bother you unless you're doing something reckless or illegal. Taking pictures is certainly not one of them.

IMG_20221110_160103.jpg
IMG_20221110_160121.jpg
IMG_20221110_160157.jpg
IMG_20221110_160149.jpg

I meant the fencing along the median in Bay St north of the railway bridge. Noticed how messy it is, it in one of the pictures of the current construction site. Probably should have quoted the relevant picture, my bad.
I believe this fencing was only installed because too many bus passengers were un-safely crossing Bay St. to and from the old bus terminal and the main Union Station instead of using the bridge across. Now that this will no longer be an issue, the fencing can be permanently removed.

I believe this fencing was only installed because too many bus passengers were un-safely crossing Bay St. to and from the old bus terminal and the main Union Station instead of using the bridge across. Now that this will no longer be an issue, the fencing can be permanently removed.
You are correct, the main "crossers' were from/to Union train and Union Bus. It may well be unnecessary to have a fence there in future, though that block of Bay is quite dangerous as traffic can emerge from the 'tunnel' at speed.

I thought security were only bugging people outside of business hours. Makes me hopeful that I won't have any problems with them when I head up there sometime.
Probably just outside of hours. My friend and I were up there for an hour taking plenty of shots, as were a bunch of other people, and security was friendly to us.

Hopefully it hasn't changed: one of the guards once told me it's accessible until 10pm.
If up to 10pm then that's about the same as any ol' public park in TO (that parks have closing times was a fact I did not know until a group of friends and I were playing tag in a park one night when I was a teenager and some officers wandered by)

Back