It looks more like a Harvey's Original Hamburger.

But yeah this wouldn't be out of place in Wonderland's erstwhile Hanna Barbera Land.

Wondering... Could the residents eventually change the entrance?

They should consider it.
The entrance and lobby would be a deal breaker for me. I would hate to come home to that every day, or even worse, have visitors over -- not a good first impression.
Which is a shame because the units themselves are not bad.

Could an infinite number of kindergarteners with unlimited amounts of plasticine ever come up with something as ugly as this front entrance? Maybe in theory.

Wow! This is really the final F U on what is a totally disgusting project! Poor purchasers, but Caveat emptor! The people designing your condo building might just have no scruples. Barf.

As another poster said, I'd be embarrassed to bring out-of-town visitors over. It's a joke. The artist and everyone else responsible should be humiliated and tear it down.

The original concept for the entrance was far more refined and (dare I say it?) elegant. The colours and layering were much more subdued and natural-looking. It's a mystery to me why the artist would change the design from this into that cartoonish, kindergarten-level monstrosity we see now. Unless they could not construct it for the amount of money set aside to pay for it?

http://www.kirkorarchitects.com/blog/2011/10/05/cinema-tower’s-innovative-public-artwork/.

STRATA takes as its inspiration a geological, archaeological concept. According to Mr. Powning, “The overall façade is meant to have the feeling of being a large core sample raised up from the earth.” The sculpture will be made of precast pigmented and stained concrete, cast bronze and slumped glass with three layers of what Mr. Powning calls ‘archeological strata’ – a bronze crust inlaid with “materials discovered during the excavation, or appropriate to the history of the site over generations.”

sept28_2011_2.jpg

sept28_2011_1.jpg

Perhaps I shouldn't take condo marketing too seriously but what on earth (pardon the pun) do geological strata have to do with something called the 'Cinema Tower'? The point is, the concept here was muddled to start with, and it only went from bad to worse.

Daniels owes it to the purchasers and investors in this building to redo this art entrance... Daniels has screwed over the investors who bought in Cinema Tower on SO MANY levels... and fixing this entrance is the LEAST they could do.

Back