Well all new buildings in the city are required to have at least 20% of their roof as green roof

all new commercial or industrial.

which these buildings would be.

Anyways - it will apply to residential as well under certain circumstances

iqnjI7N.jpg

Very excited to see what gets created here, and on a different scale than we are used to in CityPlace. Also interested to see what architects get involved.

Teeple please!

Very excited to see what gets created here, and on a different scale than we are used to in CityPlace. Also interested to see what architects get involved.

Teeple please!

I'd love to se a Teeple design...but clad in classic schoolhouse red brick.

It's going to City Council on February 19th

This item was considered by the Executive Committee on February 4, 2014 and adopted without amendment. It will be considered by City Council on February 19, 2014

Are there no towers going up here? Isn't this land too valuable to just build a community centre and a couple of schools? It's a very large plot of land and a lot more could/should be built on it.

After the blowback from CityPlace residents a few years ago, TCH's new building budget was redeployed elsewhere. So, no new residential tower here. The land will still be covered in schools and a community centre. While we have not seen the plans yet, I doubt it will look suburban when all is said and done.

After the blowback from CityPlace residents a few years ago, TCH's new building budget was redeployed elsewhere. So, no new residential tower here. The land will still be covered in schools and a community centre. While we have not seen the plans yet, I doubt it will look suburban when all is said and done.

Do we know if there will still be a residential component of some kind on top, even if it's not in tower form?

Do we know if there will still be a residential component of some kind on top, even if it's not in tower form?

No developer was willing to build on the land as it was not feasible. The City tried finding someone, even subdivided the land in order to allow both projects to proceed separately, but in the end, there was no interest.

No developer was willing to build on the land as it was not feasible. The City tried finding someone, even subdivided the land in order to allow both projects to proceed separately, but in the end, there was no interest.

Strange, not feasible??.....I believe they also put height restrictions on that plot of land

Strange, not feasible??.....I believe they put height restrictions on that plot of land

Correct, It was somewhere around 16-18 stories if I remember correctly. The City was attempting to sell the land but not the air rights above that number. If the schools are still being built on just the North portion of the land as originally planned, I assume we can still see a residential component in the future. It would be nice if it just became more park land though!

Back