Again this nonsense that low income automatically means crime. I personally find it insulting seeing as how I came from a low income family/neighborhood and the streets weren't being terrorized by crime and gangs. And if you honestly think there is no crime in wealthier neighborhoods then you're a fool. Plenty of drug dealers and black markets in middle/upper class neighborhoods.

Last edited:
Again this nonsense that low income automatically means crime. I personally find it insulting seeing as how I came from a low income family/neighborhood and the streets weren't being terrorized by crime and gangs. And if you honestly think there is no crime in wealthier neighborhoods then you're a fool. Plenty of drug dealers and black markets in middle/upper class neighborhoods.

I agree, and well said there tkip.

Thanks. I hate how some people try really hard to scapegoat the poor while ignoring that plenty of crime exists outside poor neighborhoods. The drug dealers in Rosedale aren't from outside the community. They live there. Some people should think about this next time they want to crucify a poor person. It's just easier to pick on the poor.

Last edited:
Thanks. I hate how some people try really hard to scapegoat the poor while ignoring that plenty of crime exists outside poor neighborhoods. The drug dealers in Rosedale aren't from outside the community. They live there. Some people should think about this next time they want to crucify a poor person. It's just easier to pick on the poor.

The movie 'Traffic' comes to mind.

I, too, agree with you. I lived in an apartment/rental complex for 15 years of my life. I can't recall any murders or major crimes happening in all those years. Sure, you had the odd balls that would smoke weed, drink and have sex in the stairwells - but apart from that, I felt safe living there.

We really are fortunate to live in a safe city despite what the fear mongering media tells you.

Yeah to bad, i was looking foward to the TCHC development, it was a nice design and a good mix for the area..now who knows, hopefully we will get the schools, community centre/daycare.
I wonder if Concord Adex bought this land back.

The schools and day care will still be built. The land is being subdivided, and the portion near the Gardiner will be going back to the private sector. No idea if Concord is purchasing it or not though.

Well said tkip - show me the data that show any more serious levels of crime in mixed neighbourhoods. In fact, all research shows that mixed income neighbourhoods increase everyone's health and well-being - even the wealthy! Moreover, publicly-funded housing usually brings better planned daycares and schools to an area (you think the private sector gives a shit about such things????)

Sure, you had the odd balls that would smoke weed, drink and have sex in the stairwells - but apart from that, I felt safe living there.

This already happens at Cityplace. I know since I live there.

There are tons of "wasted youth" that reside there. They are rude and a pita to come across.

I don't know how some parents raised their kids nowadays...

Yeah to bad, i was looking foward to the TCHC development, it was a nice design and a good mix for the area..now who knows, hopefully we will get the schools, community centre/daycare.
I wonder if Concord Adex bought this land back.

re: TCHC project cancelled - now how do you like Ford AG?

This already happens at Cityplace. I know since I live there.

There are tons of "wasted youth" that reside there. They are rude and a pita to come across.

I don't know how some parents raised their kids nowadays...

I've been screaming this for some time now. Glad someone else has mentioned it.

Too many younger people brought up by parents that didn't raise them properly. The problem now is that society has raised a gen of spoiled narcissists with people having an insane sense of self worth with little regard for others while having no coping skills. Everything has been basically been handed to them and they never learned appreciation, manners, work ethic, self respect or morals.

All you have to do is go out in public and just watch the tsunami of bad behaviour and see the widespread disrepect.

Last edited:

That's a shame, considering how nice the TCHC building that is under construction in CP, looks. Also there is a waiting list of about 50,000 people who obviously, need a place to live. I guess that's why they also stopped construction on the TCHC building in the West Don Lands, on King Street.

That's a shame, considering how nice the TCHC building that is under construction in CP, looks. Also there is a waiting list of about 50,000 people who obviously, need a place to live. I guess that's why they also stopped construction on the TCHC building in the West Don Lands, on King Street.

You're kidding me!? Ford didn't stop the King East TCHC did he? This has got to stop. We need to find a way to recall these monsters.

The design was very nice and would have liven up the area visually, but the proposed height would have amplify the already thoughtless cluttered mess of condo highrises -- the product of poor urban planning.
Cityplace definitely needs more infrastructure like retail, schools and community centres, and this block adjacent to the park would be an excellent location for it.

This project should have been the first of both TCHC projects to break ground at the CityPlace location...block-33 went ahead two years ago and this one, went on shaky ground.
So two years later, what has this project cancelation have to do with Rob Ford...Chill:)

The design was very nice and would have liven up the area visually, but the proposed height would have amplify the already thoughtless cluttered mess of condo highrises -- the product of poor urban planning.
Cityplace definitely needs more infrastructure like retail, schools and community centres, and this block adjacent to the park would be an excellent location for it.

That block IS getting 2 schools and a community centre.

Back