7478f858-0aac-41f1-9143-5f66f62b94f3_zpsd3b2f212.jpg

ff496d9f-d38b-412a-98fa-7ef8b7bea414_zps897a6f32.jpg

That's a dynamite shot Jasonized. I didn't get down to the Distillery last summer, I can't wait to cycle down there in a month or two and see all this first hand. Based on how this building has turned out I'm confident that Gooderham will look just as great.

Awww thanks :) And congrats! It's an amazing area and ONLY getting better.

Also, I recall being one of the first residents in a brand new building and it was very eerie seeing no one, except construction workers lol. Magically, all the finishes do get completed. It really is better to have people move in first, then complete hallways and elevators. It may look like crap for a bit, but that way they aren't damaged with so many people moving at the same time.

A LOT of us on UT love construction photography and seeing the views from people's units, especially if they peak into other construction sites!!...so if you have a camera, we'd love for you to post any pics that you'd like to share! p.s. And you don't have to be a professional photographer...I am not...

Sure thing! I'm actually on a level that looks right into the Gooderham so I will take a few pictures as the construction goes along. I was just told by management that the process for getting Clear Spirit finished up is taking a lot longer than expected and won't see completion until late summer. :(

A few photos, as promised earlier.

View from South-East corner:
xbWX1M7.jpg

From the South:
Z3Oqv4i.jpg

From the East:
wCSmvl9.jpg

bME7MV1.jpg

Still some glass missing. I'm not sure what the reason for the black mesh on the 40th floor. It showed up late last week:
juTF3br.jpg

My favourite:
GjZ664Q.jpg

pRhgBgU.jpg

The top-half of this almost looked like a developers rendering:
QghkoqS.jpg

Both Gooderham & Clear Spirit:
ncoACaG.jpg

I was wrong last week, still a couple floors to go for Gooderham. I must have been thinking it was only 32 floors instead of 35.

Enjoy. :D

Still some glass missing. I'm not sure what the reason for the black mesh on the 40th floor. It showed up late last week:

There's a panel soffit on the 40th floor (matching the soffit on 6), they need the net so that they can work there without having to worry about a gust of wind taking the panels out of the workers' hands.

Those are some stellar pics there, TroyGuy! Thanks a lot for those. To truly appreciate the sheer beauty of this building you have to be at the bottom and then look up as you move around it. Just don't trip :p

Taken 30 March 2012 on phone camera. Apologies for the quality.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 640
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 631
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 625
What are the two green ponds on east side of Cherry Street south of The Canary Restaurant? An excavation for another building?

While this has certainly exceeded my expectations, I still don't like the fact that it has to be viewed from close proximity to not look like a box with wraparound balconies. It doesn't help that CASA looks similar from a distance, which leads people to assume that this has no fine design details.

Yes from a distance they don't look superb.

Looking back at the renders I'm reminded of the exposed steel in the podium of the new tower. Excited to see how that turns out. An excellent way to connect the building with the industrial history of the area.

Back