I trust that, in the fullness of time, we will see the design for the proposed tower at the south west corner of the site released.

updated photo!!

2286730335_062dcef39c_b.jpg

nice shot there...

must say that everytime I go to the Distillery I cant help noticing how nice this slightly older brick apartment/condo looks. Even in this shot above it looks quite sharp with a comfy lived in look.

Extend that photo down a bit and you'll see my daughter stealing food from the other kids in her day care. Great location and once it warms up I'll get some updated pictures of the building. I'm here 4 days a week and it is really shaping up in a positive manner.

Pure Spirit looks like a standard Toronto box from that angle (and apart from the angled podium, it really just is). And Distillery? What Distillery? :p

from that angle is really does look like it could be from any part of town. however, when you're coming from the dvp onto the gardiner, it looks much better imo.

Redroom, I agree about Parliament Square, by Quadrangle (from 1999). Nothing overwhelmingly fine about it, but the big open retail faciling Parliament on that building seems eerily prescient for a place that predates all the current changes in the Distillery District. I've never minded the glimpses of it that I have seen between the older distillery buildings, I think the fact that it's at an angle helps.

24 months and in the first room. She's the cute one whose hair just simply won't grow in. I use the daily drop off to check out how they are going to cover up the parking garage on the north side - still waiting...

taken from queens quay where it meets lakeshore near the leafs and raptors tv building and the other one is from the cherry st. bridge.

DSC06184.jpg

DSC06212.jpg

Brackets for the windows on the ground level are going in on the north and south side of the podium now.

I also heard that parking in the complex will be available for public use in June.

Time for a flashback.....

I was more of a fan looking at the model than at the finished product. But isn't that often how it goes? Models are little more than a rendering made palpable. The translucency looked nice, though.
At any rate, I guess none of us who saw the model could should be surprised at the immodest bulk nor the restrained ungainliness of the outcome. It took a full historical district and gave it the same 'endangered-historical' feel one gets from the few historical remnants preserved around Front and Church Streets.

pure1.jpg

pure2.jpg

pure3.jpg

Note the Hand Of God narrowly missing Soulpepper, as it gets ready to smite Rackhouse M and environs for the sins of non-canonical typology, impurity, stubbornness, historicist resistance to righteously moderne conversion, and just plain getting in the way of big fat profits.

Back