Concord has to be the most unfortunate part of this condo boom. What they're doing in North York looks like a giant turd too.

Honestly the developments beside ikea ... the newer ones, closer to CT ... are decent, with many nice touches from a finishing point of view ... the same goes for many city place buildings to be honest .. the problem being with so many similar buildings being beside each other, it doesn't help any stand out ... I always say this but there are some buildings in city place that, if built else where ... folks on this forum would admire ... Luna comes to mind with the 'vertical glass pieces' connecting the balconies.

Honestly the developments beside ikea ... the newer ones, closer to CT ... are decent, with many nice touches from a finishing point of view ... the same goes for many city place buildings to be honest .. the problem being with so many similar buildings being beside each other, it doesn't help any stand out ... I always say this but there are some buildings in city place that, if built else where ... folks on this forum would admire ... Luna comes to mind with the 'vertical glass pieces' connecting the balconies.

Yeah but Luna is also designed by KPMB...

AoD

Luna is the only nice building in that cluster.

I agree that its the only exceptional building, but there are a couple others that are decent / average, I'd argue there aren't many below average buildings, most have more attention to detail then the likes of say Milan condos, some have good intentions but were just to bland (Parade comes to mind).

Only in Toronto can a condo named "Signature Tower" turn into a non-descript glass and spandrel box.

Page+Steele/IBI Group

Wow....Toronto is on fire:cool:

23 SPADINA AVE
Ward 20 - Tor & E.York District

Application for a Zoning By-law Amendment and Site Plan Approval to permit redevelopment of the block with two residential condominium towers of 79 and 68 storeys, inclusive of a 10 storey mixed use podium comprised of retail, office, residential dwelling units and accessory uses.
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Site Plan Approval 14 204227 STE 20 SA Aug 11, 2014 Under Review
Rezoning 14 204219 STE 20 OZ Aug 11, 2014 Under Review

Assuming that the 10-storey podium will contain all the office and retail, I'd guess that the 79 storey tower would be around 270 metres. When viewed from the lake, this would easily be most prominent structure in the skyline, save for the CN Tower. I really hope they didn't go with Page+Steele.

Assuming that the 10-storey podium will contain all the office and retail, I'd guess that the 79 storey tower would be around 270 metres. When viewed from the lake, this would easily be most prominent structure in the skyline, save for the CN Tower. I really hope they didn't go with Page+Steele.

Page & Plant would be a better bet.

Back