Assuming that the 10-storey podium will contain all the office and retail, I'd guess that the 79 storey tower would be around 270 metres. When viewed from the lake, this would easily be most prominent structure in the skyline, save for the CN Tower. I really hope they didn't go with Page+Steele.

The 10 Storey podium will also contain the parking.

Toronto is on fire! 45 Bay and Signature Towers all proposed in the same week. I can't wait to find out the official height for both. And some renders would be nice.

Toronto is on fire! 45 Bay and Signature Towers all proposed in the same week. I can't wait to find out the official height for both. And some renders would be nice.

Yep. That's four 230+ meter towers disclosed in a couple of days. Let's see what the rest of the week brings.

Assuming that the 10-storey podium will contain all the office and retail, I'd guess that the 79 storey tower would be around 270 metres. When viewed from the lake, this would easily be most prominent structure in the skyline, save for the CN Tower. I really hope they didn't go with Page+Steele.

Uhhh...well...they kind of.......................did.

A nfl stadium.... Yeaaaaa

No thank you. We need a proper football stadium for the football team Toronto already has. No way in hell would I support a stadium for a franchise in a foreign league that would threaten this country's domestic league not to mention it being political suicide for any politician who got behind that. If you want US football, go to Buffalo.

The NFL isn't coming to Canada. Even if it did consider Canada, Toronto has to be the worst football city in Canada/US. Toronto is a city where football fields get ripped up and replaced with soccer pitches. This city is dead last in its support for football.

Last edited:
Proposed 79 + 68 stories. There will be some pushback on the height, but Mirvish + Ghery have set a precedent. I suspect this will not be the final approved height.

I bet the city and Concord will probably settle on something like 68 and 60. Either way, good news. Hopefully this can be a Maple Leaf Square style development (sans the atrocious architecture, though with P+S, I'm not so sure) for the area.

No thank you. We need a proper football stadium for the football team Toronto already has. No way in hell would I support a stadium for a franchise in a foreign league that would threaten this country's domestic league not to mention it being political suicide for any politician who got behind that. If you want US football, go to Buffalo.

The NFL isn't coming to Canada. Even if it did consider Canada, Toronto has to be the worst football city in Canada/US. Toronto is a city where football fields get ripped up and replaced with soccer pitches. This city is dead last in its support for football.

I hope the original heights are kept to rise well above the monotony of CityPlace. And going off topic, if you appreciate the unique sporting position Toronto occupies in Canada, statements such as " Toronto has to be the worst football city in Canada/US " are nonsense.

Back