There has been some movement in the vicinity of this site, more specifically the Oxford properties proposal for Union Park & mixed use development on the site of Innovation Centre (325 Front St).
A 'notice of application consent' has been sent to the City to consolidate air rights for the section above the tracks between Blue Jays W/John St. This may have an impact on the Dome/Roger's Centre plans to tear down the stadium and replace it.

Dec 22, 2020

20201222_133426.jpg
20201222_133447.jpg
20201222_133528.jpg
20201222_133545.jpg
20201222_133629.jpg
20201222_133647.jpg
20201222_133720.jpg

It is one of my least favourite building designs in this area. I think those rainbow coloured glazing running all the way to the penthouse are cheesy and cheap looking.
The Minto Westside have some of those at the corner of Front and Bathurst and it looks awful.
I know not to expect a lot from Concord but to consider this their "luxury" project is laughable

Glad there's more density here, that's all the positivity I have about this project.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm actually one of the owners and found this page by Google.
Please don't tell me I just wasted my money lol

I for one am a fan of this project. It will be impressively tall, and offer great views. Also, it will really help add a big city vibe to the immediate area, along with the Well development. Also, if Rail Deck Park ever happens, values in the area will skyrocket.

I image it would be a fine place to live, it just looks awful, it's another glass box, no effort to make it beautiful, there's no thought as to how they can make a good place to live and at the same time make it visually interesting and unique to contribute to the beauty and culture of our city

It's really interesting to see the comments because I personally do not have a taste in architecture, could you tell me more about what makes a good piece of architecture (for a residential project like this one)?

It's really interesting to see the comments because I personally do not have a taste in architecture, could you tell me more about what makes a good piece of architecture (for a residential project like this one)?
Oh boy you don't want to know,
..anyways you'll be fine living there and good investment...Cheers

it's a broad term. bad architecture can be repetitive, like green, grey glass over and over again. alot of Grey or white spandrel. you can see in the last set of pictures by AlbertC there are alot of green and grey glass buildings. it also quality, like a lot of badly executed window wall.
good architecture is when developer and Architects actually pay attention to the project and use expensive, very reflective and well executed curtain wall and there are different material like Bricks, terra cotta and curved glass, Golden or bronze steel panels.

A TIP: if you see Kirkhor or Graziani + Corazza as architects, it's going to be bad.

Last edited:
I'll be sure to delete this post in a few days because I don't want to be on record as saying anything positive about Sh*ttyPlace. Of course I can't delete the comment if anyone quotes this 🙃

There are many Northern American cities that would take this 233m (not terrible-looking) thing in a heart-beat... and at least it offers a welcome height spike to the (somewhat) architecturally-blighted master-p(l)anned neighbourhood.

Certainly don't want to trigger an anxiety attack for the large 'what's with all the crap being built in The Six?' club, and it would be dangerous to suggest that there are plenty of built, u/c and Covid-defying proposed projects, that suggest we may in fact be spoiled in a continental context (excepting a few superstars like NYC). Ah what the heck... we're spoiled.

I've embroidered the back of my favourite shirt in anticipation of the response.
🎯

A tip: if you see Kirkhor or Graziani + Corazza as architects it's going to be bad.
Gee you also bought into what the hardcore guys on UT are always saying and complaining..lol😅
... why don't you at the same time mention the other dozen or so architects and developers that are disliked here

Other than being wrapped in maple leaf "motifs", this building probably wont look much different from all the other buildings constructed for this CityPlace project. Only taller. But hey, if that's some folks thing...then they'll likely be happy for it. I know it's not my thing, to put it mildly...

Back