IMG_8727.JPG
IMG_8726.JPG
IMG_8722.JPG
IMG_8717.JPG
IMG_8716.JPG

Was curious about this, so I did some searching. I'm quite familiar with the 2008 bid (and it's focus on the Port Lands), but this was surprising:

View attachment 513572View attachment 513573

Source: https://library.olympics.com/Default/doc/SYRACUSE/24626/toronto-96?_lg=en-GB
Wow! That whole area would be radically different had we won the Olympics bid back in the 90s. Toronto would be a completely different city now.

Makes me wonder what the waterfront would look like had it been redeveloped in the 90s as well.

Wow! That whole area would be radically different had we won the Olympics bid back in the 90s. Toronto would be a completely different city now.

Makes me wonder what the waterfront would look like had it been redeveloped in the 90s as well.
True, although we might still be paying for it now, like Montreal did decades after their Olympics.

The maple leaves design on the balcony is not showing at all. There's noway anyone can see maple leaves from that.

I can clearly see it on the left tower in the first picture, although it's still not done.

Although, I think it will be harder to see on the sides that don't have balconies the entire width. Either that or they're installing the balconies/cladding out of sequence.

Back