IMG_6883.jpeg

IMG_6884.jpeg

Oh right, it's that person. Had to go back an reread all the relevant posts on why you said that...now I'm reaching for a bottle of brain bleach. >.<
Damn, you actually went back? I take that as an exceptional compliment. I may have hit a nerve with the most prolific critic on the site apparently ;)

I am just trying to figure out the communist bunker comments about the Rogers center. Is this a reference to the sarcophagus at Chernobyl or I am completely lost?
At the risk of my revealing my real nationality (Eastern European) , simply google 'communist bunker' and you will get the comparison. Now I don't mean to shit on Toronto's Skybunker and Space Needle (CN Tower). It is what it is, brutalist architecture. I rejoice in the fact that they look way, way better now against the backdrop sea of dark glass window walls as opposed to the gritty early 2000s when I first encountered them. I will add that it's starting to become more clear by the day to me that architectural and city feel (like esthetics in general) are highly subjective and depend on individual mental states, taste and perceptual/perceptive characteristics.

Last edited:
I’m not seeing the maple leaves here- the buildings either needed to be simpler in both massing and facade, or the leaves more pronounced in expression for them to have an effect.

It's all so kitschy that I'd prefer it wasn't there at all. Are they calling this their art contribution? If so, it's a new low.
Instead of this nonsense, they should have focused on the 'form' of the buildings, which look so janky and unimpressive.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that's annoyed that two halves don't line up

Unfortunately they weren't supposed to line up, even when they were going to be yellow.

Weird that when I drove by this morning they didn't look as prominent as they do in that photo. Still hoping they light them up at least minimally, but doubt that, plus they'd end up having lights out all the time similar to Aura's "Icicles".

I dont mind that they don’t line up - seeing as they’re there, I don’t mind that choice - but UrbanAffair hit the nail on the head: so kitschy it would be better if they weren’t there at all.

It's all so kitschy that I'd prefer it wasn't there at all. Are they calling this their art contribution? If so, it's a new low.
Instead of this nonsense, they should have focused on the 'form' of the buildings, which look so janky and unimpressive.
It's Concord...I'd prefer it not to be there too

Back