Thanks but the illustration is deceiving, AURA is round at the top, and shouldn't appear that big and tall

Thanks but the illustration is deceiving, AURA is round at the top, and shouldn't appear that big and tall

Actually this is about right after the YSL height reduction... what does appear a bit off is the perspective - aura is to the north of ysl, while this looks like ysl is to the north of aura...

so is the 299 meters in height set in stone? or is this going to be a bit taller
I believe the height is actually to the mechanical roof - the parapet point is slightly higher, but until SPA docs are posted we can't know the actual height.

The building isn't going to magically gain 20m in height though, no.

I sure hope 299m is not the final height as that would make four buildings in Toronto within just 2m of being supertall (YSL, FCP, CC3, sugar wharf). Basically a kick in the nuts for skyscraper enthusiasts.

Honestly , I don't think 299m is the final height. As previously mentioned, 299m is to the mechanical penthouse. I would venture a guess that the final height may be in 302 to 309 metres, depending on the height of the parapet. Don't expect a 10+metre increase. I see what you mean that so many proposals and 1 under construction projects are roughly in the same range.

FCP - 298m
The One 306m officially (308m including parapet as per Sam Mizrahai's claim)
One Yonge 307m
Mirvish Gehry West Tower 305m
YSL 299m ( May marginally top 300m with parapet)
Sugar Wharf 298m
Commerce Court 3 298m to parapet (current design also includes a spire which brings its total height to 350m. Officially may claim Toronto's tallest if the current design remains as is.

Technically, you are looking at 7 towers that are roughly in the same height range (10 metres apart). If all are constructed as it, visually you will not be able to determine which is the tallest building in Toronto. Hence a table top skyline is coming.

I was looking at the old rendering and comparing it to this one. The old rendering is More eye appealing than this new bulky looking structure. What's the point of making it a super tall if it's going to be an eye sore ! We need a better looking design than this one !

These are too spaced out to look like a table top. I think we are safe on that.
There is also a pretty significant elevation difference between the bases of these towers -- e.g., Yonge and Bloor is about 20m higher in elevation than Yonge and Gerrard and 25m higher than Yonge and King, so from points east and west The One will appear to be the tallest by far.

Back