I wouldn't say its been under public discussions for over a year. Hardly. The first time any member of the public had access to the details of this project was back at the end of march.

I understand why the city financed this project as well, but in the end is sounds a little desperate.

In principle, I agree with what FutureMayor is saying. This effort is financing a private endevour, and it is possibly being done this way in order to retain the company in question in Toronto. But if one has carry out office development this way, then things are in a bad state.

I saw a Priestly vehicle there yesterday, so its probably their hoarding. The construction phase would naturally have to start with the demolition of the existing marine terminal structure before TEDCO can start below-grade. It may also be hoarding for the park (Sherbourne Park) which the waterfront corporation is constructing simultaneously on part of the marine terminal site.

^are you sure as all plans indicate Sherbourne Park being on the east side of Sherbourne, south of the Gardiner (currently an occupied warehouse, a closed(?) restaurant, and open for business golf & tennis club.) I also think the terminal is being demolished at this given time more for political reasons as Project Symphony looks like it could easily fit along side it (currently a massive commercial surface lot runs along Jarivs slip)

From the sketches I saw, I'd also agree that Sherbourne Park is on the east side of Sherbourne on the tennis property whose lease dose not expire until next year.

It would be great though if they do start Sherbourne Park simultaneously with the Corus development.

464dc0a4a5868.jpg

From larger versions of the sketches, it looks like Sherbourne Park will extend to be build on where the Towne and Country Buffet and Eurolite store is.

Yes, I understand that Sherbourne Park was indeed going to start at same time as TEDCO's Chorus project. The reports a few months ago said both the park and the project were starting by August. It is not mentioned in the articles what happens to the tennis club, that might also be (partly) in Sherbourne Park. Anyone know?

The original building site (the one shown to the public meeting) was closer to foot of Jarvis, i.e. nearer to the water with a light tower. But either the city, TWC or design panel moved the whole Chorus building easterly and taking up more of the marine terminal site. So with the new Sherbourne Park and the new office building the whole marine terminal area is used up. Maybe the tennis club isn't affected. Its not clear from the sketches above and not mentioned in the newspaper articles.

Now that the GTTA are looking at a new coach terminal at 90 Harbour Street, will the existing dump... er... coach terminal at Bay/Dundas be Toronto/TEDCO's next corporate welfare project?

Now that the GTTA are looking at a new coach terminal at 90 Harbour Street, will the existing dump... er... coach terminal at Bay/Dundas be Toronto/TEDCO's next corporate welfare project?

Any more details on this? I can't find anything.

This would certainly help clean up that stretch of Bay north of Dundas.

There have been studies for years about replacing the coach terminal. I have one from a few years ago that examined a handful of sites in the Union Station area. The current GO terminal location is by far superior to all of the alternatives. If we're going to build a new terminal, it would be a big mistake to not have it adjacent to Union Station and the subway. When I get home, I'll try to summarize the old report. They also examined expanding the existing station, possibly including a condo development to help pay for it. The report ultimately concluded that it would not be feasible.

The present coach terminal is grimville.

The hoarding is up for the Corus?

That was fast.

Back