So is the last design we saw the one they settled on, or is Diamond still working on a new proposal?

demolition is proceeding rapidly but the thing I'm most curious about is that the city's lot at the foot of Yonge was fenced off the other day

So they must have started today? I was down there yesterday, and everything was still in tact.

On a side-node, it seems every travel tour bus that goes through downtown Toronto includes a meal at the Towne and Country buffet at the foot of Sherbourne.

Demolition of the film studios on the Corus/Symphony site is complete.

All that is left is large sorted piles of the materials of the demolished building.

Not bad, did it in less than a month.

Public Meeting for Sherbourne Park, Oct 22

News release from Waterfront Toronto:

Public Meeting for Sherbourne Park
October 22, 2007
Waterfront Toronto would like to invite you to the second public meeting for Sherbourne Park. This 1.5 hectare (3.7 acre) public waterfront park and gathering place will be one of the most important public spaces to be built in the East Bayfront Precinct, and will be a key catalyst to redevelopment in this area.

As a member of the public your input is very important to us. Please join us for a presentation on the overall vision and concept design for Sherbourne Park. Details of the meeting are as follows:

Monday, October 22, 2007
7:00 – 9:00 pm
The Novotel Hotel (Champagne Ballroom)
45 The Esplanade, Toronto

We hope you can make it and look forward to seeing you on the 22nd!

In the meantime, if you have any questions, please visit our website at www.waterfrontoronto.ca or contact Andrea Kelemen at akelemen@waterfrontoronto.ca

From 80 Front East

MkSqRoof-Sept29,07(15).JPG

This thing seems pretty big!

Would it extend as far as the proposed Pier27 development because integration into that park would make the whole waterfront along there seem more unified. I know they are planning more Pier27 developments besides the current two buildings so even if it wouldn't immediately connect, would there be the possibility for this in the future?

This thing seems pretty big!

Would it extend as far as the proposed Pier27 development because integration into that park would make the whole waterfront along there seem more unified. I know they are planning more Pier27 developments besides the current two buildings so even if it wouldn't immediately connect, would there be the possibility for this in the future?

Tate and Lyle building has to go first. It's quite the obstacle for the time being.

I'd like to see the city buy Tate and Lyle and convert the property into a mix of parkspace and gallery/museum space. The silos, storage building, and connecting chutes could be a real gem. I really think it, not Hearn, is contextually Toronto's version of the Bankside Power Station (aka Tate Modern).

Hearn would be like our Battersea, just standing there disused in all of it's glory.

Then there's also the Canada Malting Plant and Victory Soya Mills silo. There's so much to choose from.

Hearn would be like our Battersea, just standing there disused in all of it's glory.

Hey, exactly! (How did I not notice that before?) Many parallels, too. Both are located in an industrialised waterfront area that is undergoing/planned for revitalisation. Both have had big plans tossed around for conversion.

All of them big enough to house the putative City Museum. My only criteria for such a building is whether it would be big enough to house an ALRV exhibit.

I'd like to see the city buy Tate and Lyle and convert the property into a mix of parkspace and gallery/museum space. The silos, storage building, and connecting chutes could be a real gem. I really think it, not Hearn, is contextually Toronto's version of the Bankside Power Station (aka Tate Modern).

The biggest chute could work as an impressively scary escalator. Bring it on!

Back