4eeeb3ab-91e6-478e-a659-6dd68b9710f3_largeCommPhoto.jpg
Does the cladding not contain much more gray on the first two floors than the rest of the building? That's what the render suggests to me anyways.
I can't disagree with the boring tag however.

I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be the "sky" reflecting on the glass. I'm more interested to see how the core and main level is going to turn out.

Attachments

• 4eeeb3ab-91e6-478e-a659-6dd68b9710f3_largeCommPhoto.jpg
    4eeeb3ab-91e6-478e-a659-6dd68b9710f3_largeCommPhoto.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 275
Like whatever said, we may need to see more cladding to make a final judgement on how this will turn out. The photos from yesterday were taken of the back of Couture (West). The front should be more interesting with the black cladding in the middle of Couture.

Here is a better look at what we are looking at...

couture-01-11-2011-8.jpg

This actually may look pretty nice when it's all said and done.
couture-01-11-2011-5.jpg

Updated photos from 1:20pm... looks like they will installing black cladding in the middle judging from this photo.
couture-01-11-2011-6.jpg

Last edited:
That already looks better. I agree the panelling looks ugly if you focus in on it, but the overall effect of how the panelling frames in the elevation has a nice balance to it. And I could agree that the lines of the panelling looks a little heavy right now, but when it's 30 storeys up and you're looking at it from Yonge St it'll look a lot lighter.

I didn't realize this tower was going to be completely gray. This one really takes the cake, gray, on grey, on grey. lol It's amazing how these developers all copy one another. Not one of them is willing to take any risks at all and try some creative, bold colour combinations.

The original renderings were much more promising.

Look on the bright side, if this turns out bad (no judgement yet though) it will make X look even better than it does already!

Thanks for the shot. Is that the second or third floor they're working on right now?

They are installing the panelling on the second floor (the amenities floor) at the moment.

I too liked the original rendering for Couture. There does seem to be some variation in the cladding judging by the renders, so it will be interesting to see how it all shapes up once the cladding continues to climb.

I'd like to bring back this picture originally posted by ProjectEnd

2606297407_dab78c7c40_b.jpg

I don't think it's too far off from the model. I notice the colour of the window frames are dark whereas the model shows it as the same colour as the cladding.

Also notice the same glass colour throughout.

I actually like the tone of grey being used... almost a white-grey. I think it will look pretty striking.

8' to the 20th, 21st & up has 9'.

Is there any glass in that cladding? Or is it just really clear? I don't even see any reflections. Which leads me to believe there is no glass in it yet.

The are putting up cladding on the first floor of residences along Jarvis. There is glass in those pieces of cladding, and it appears to have a dark tint to it.

The are putting up cladding on the first floor of residences along Jarvis. There is glass in those pieces of cladding, and it appears to have a dark tint to it.

From what vantage point are you looking? I can't seem to see any glass yet. I asked a site worker and he mentioned there isn't glass in the framing. Are you sure you are not seeing portions of the cladding, IE;

COUTURE-03-11-2011-2.jpg

You can see portions of gray in the cladding just to the right of the JIG LIFT.
COUTURE-03-11-2011-1.jpg

Looking at the opposite side of the building in the pics you posted. The side of the building facing Jarvis - the first floor of residences (3rd floor of the building). I'm positive that I can see tinted glass in the windows.

Back