Subway and Starbucks are just up the street, so we won't be seeing that. A dry cleaners would work, as there are many young professionals in the area. I don't mind Rabba as well, even though there are already two in the vicinity. I think Rabba is convenient if you need something (Milk, Miss Vickies chips etc..) when the other grocery stores (No Frills, Longos) in the area are closed. The question should be, what would we ideally like to see in the area, as far as retail goes?

Rabba, cleaners, Starbucks, Subway, Pizza Pizza. Take your pick.

haha when I consult with developers on their retail I always use this saying "we need to get beyond the pizz pizz, raba, td bank, dry cleaners formats and strive for better quality retailers"

Like that stopped Starbucks from opening a few weeks ago, 1 block away at Bloor & Church.

Bloor St. & Church and Bloor St. & Ted Rogers Way/Jarvis are much busier than Ted Rogers Way/Jarvis and Charles St E.

The yellow signifies the retail of Couture and X2.
The red signifies Starbucks.
The blue signifies Tim Hortons and the green signifies Subway.

Starbucks and Subway will not open up shop when you can walk literally one/two minutes to their current locations. Tim Hortons could setup shop in X2's retail, since the Tim Hortons in the Rogers building is only for employees.

couture-retail.jpg

I've seen Starbucks a block away from each other and even across the street from each other. I'm waiting to see 2 starbucks outlets side by side one day :d

Yup. There's a Starbucks at the Hilton at King and Peter and there's another one opening at M5V. The one in the Hilton always has a 5-10 person lineup. I guess if you're making money...

On the topic of X2 retail, I think a Pizza Pizza would be fitting, seeing as it's replacing the old Pizza Pizza HQ. Then again, their pizza is my least favourite of the big chains, so I could live without the homage.

That AreBe reference suddenly makes me nostalgic for the ezboard days....but reminds me that back then, I feared that condo retail would result in bland chain retailers taking over downtown. Maybe I was right afterall?

You're not secretly AreBe under another nick are you?

No, I don't recall that nick but it certainly wasn't me. I've used this nick for about five or six years, previous to when I first joined UT I was under another nick but I don't even remember what it was now but it was not AreBe.
What even makes you think that and what connection could I possibly be to that person?

What even makes you think that and what connection could I possibly be to that person?

It was a joke. AreBe was notorious for his obsession with Rabba Fine Foods. A nearby Rabba outlet was his solution for nearly every urban problem.

That AreBe reference suddenly makes me nostalgic for the ezboard days....but reminds me that back then, I feared that condo retail would result in bland chain retailers taking over downtown. Maybe I was right afterall?

Although ending up with a Rabba and Nail shop at this location doesnt really bother me, seeing every condo in the Entertainment District or other commercial areas end up with this exciting retail is what scares me...

Back