News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Truth will be a pretty scarce commodity this year. The likelihood of delay is well understood and the overspend is pretty minor on a project of this scale. The real damage is to the whole idea of P3.and to ML’s credibility in monitoring and enforcing them.

ML has a contract that calls for delivery in Sept 2021 and for contractual/legal reasons they will have to insist on that date. But the more they insist on talking to that date, when it can’t happen, the more impotent and in denial they will sound.

Oh yeah, don’t forget....the contract has thirty years’ worth of maintenance included. Nothing like suing the party you will be dealing with for decades to come.

- Paul

ML: ignore internal report. Fake news

Reality: crosslinx still picking up dirt at many station

I think we're more surprised they are aware of it but they'll tell you everything is going as plan. We'll do the same for the Ontario line.

ML has a contract that calls for delivery in Sept 2021 and for contractual/legal reasons they will have to insist on that date. But the more they insist on talking to that date, when it can’t happen, the more impotent and in denial they will sound.

I'm concerned they'll start mentioning damages for delays in the press as aggressively as they did with Bombardier and the price for GO Expansion (OnCorr contract) will go up 15% (a couple billion).

Having your named dragged through the press for several years is far more damaging than the late delivery fees.

Last edited:
We are getting a whole new line. The first since 2002 and Line 4. And this one actually goes somewhere (Aside: other than to North York MEC which is at Bessarion Station.)

It's 19km long and includes five interchanges from day one. Stop quibblin'. This is only a bump in the road. There will be more along the way. Hold on to your hats.

5.3 billion for constriction... 12.2 Billion in total cost including maintenance over 30(I think) years.
After what the Ontario Gov did to hamilton. The media is now reporting the total contract cost instead of just parroting Metrolinx's capital cost. I love it.
Even then, 12.2 billion sounds completely off. I recall the contract being 9.1 billion dollars.

5.3 billion for constriction... 12.2 Billion in total cost including maintenance over 30(I think) years.
After what the Ontario Gov did to hamilton. The media is now reporting the total contract cost instead of just parroting Metrolinx's capital cost. I love it.
It is pretty disingenuous.

Nobody buys a car thinking about the 30 year operating cost of said vehicle.

Back