News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Hm. Was it expressed as likely opening in September or just both would be open by September (could open earlier)?
dont remember the exact quote but it for sure wasnt "no later then"... so it would appear at this time unless hes pulling random dates out of thin air that their current goal is late Q3/ early Q4.

Has it been confirmed if there will be staff at the station, either at a customer service booth or floating throughout the station?

Has it been confirmed if there will be staff at the station, either at a customer service booth or floating throughout the station?
Yes.

Page 8 of Line 5 Train Operating and Funding Agreement: “Line 5 Eglinton stations will be staffed with Customer Service Agents (CSAs) and supervisory staff to manage customer-facing services”
IMG_0884.jpeg

Captured a different perspective of the Yonge & Eglinton area, plus both Avenue Road station exits.

View attachment 534249

This shot really made me miss my old apartment.

I think there will be a point where this will have to be considered for the eastern section of the crosstown
View attachment 536022
View attachment 536023
That's also Edmonton, where GPS will advise you to "take the right 5 lanes to continue straight" towards downtown. The have huge arterial roads that are apples to oranges to the needs of Scarborough, where it is denser, less car-dependent, and marred by a lot of road deaths.

There were some updated work stream completion stats provided by Phil Verster at the front fare ntegration press conference. I didn't have a chance to write them down but I can post it later.

Was the last question here if someone wants to beat me to it:

There were some updated work stream completion stats provided by Phil Verster at the front fare ntegration press conference. I didn't have a chance to write them down but I can post it later.

Was the last question here if someone wants to beat me to it:

Thanks for that!

Key Bits:

23/40 occupancy permits for stations/major structures.

Yonge/Eglinton substantially complete

System Integration was at 15% in November is now at 28%

Phil seems pleased at the above

He expresses concern over the signalling/train control system which needs a couple of more releases/iterations to get it to where it needs to be.

No date yet.

^ further to that last point I think I recall him saying that there are some software bugs.
you know whats funny... John Tory was hosting newstalk 1010 this morning and there was a big discussion on 4 day work weeks and how canada is not ready for that because the overall productivity of the country is shockingly low vs the rest of the world with empirical evidence to back that up. I can definitely see the evidence to that claim here. theyve had years to work on this signalling system since theyve had most of the sections underground up and running to test for bugs. why they still are coming up with issues is baffling. honestly what are they doing for testing and bugs that would take years just to do a few km of tunnel? there is no urgency to complete this asap.

Thanks for that!

Key Bits:

He expresses concern over the signalling/train control system which needs a couple of more releases/iterations to get it to where it needs to be.

No date yet.

Just for further clarity (now that I can watch the video in an easier location and can see the transcript), he was referring to the roadworks and didn't mention the station itself.

1707149375815.png

And I'll correct myself. He didn't say "bugs" he said "ironing out" some wrinkles. So a different analogy.

1707149450435.png

It appears as though there are still “wrinkles” causing delays for the Eglinton Crosstown LRT.

Metrolinx CEO Phil Verster spoke to reporters at a provincial fare integration announcement on Monday morning, saying that “really good progress” has been made on the 19-kilometre rail line.

“We are all hard at work to bring this program to a close,” he said.

"Out of Service" signs are shown on the Eglinton Crosstown LRT in Toronto on Friday, May 5, 2023. The Eglinton Crosstown LRT has been under construction for 10 years and includes a “Science Centre” stop that would increase transit accessibility to the attraction.
It is still unclear when the transit line, which was slated to open in 2020, will begin operating. Verster has previously said they will not be sharing any deadlines publicly until three months before an opening schedule is available.

He reiterated that fact on Monday.

“The most important thing is we're making systematic progress. I will not open the service up if it's not safe and reliable,” he said

Thanks for that!

Key Bits:

No date yet.
so... they only have 55% of their sign offs and 13% increase in integration in 2 months... that means itll be another YEAR from now for 100% integration unless the pace quickens near the end.
no wonder verster is too spineless to give any meaningful progress statement or estimate. seriously wth are they working on that needs another year of work after theve had 3 additional year....

no wonder canada is one of the worst in productivity.

In the press conference he says that 10 of the signed off occupancy permits are for some of the biggest underground stations and most important ones.

Last update they had 13/40. They won't be in a rush to complete the aboveground occupancy permits.

In the press conference he says that 10 of the signed off occupancy permits are for some of the biggest underground stations and most important ones.

Last update they had 13/40. They won't be in a rush to complete the aboveground occupancy permits.
Why won't they be in a rush to complete the above ground occupancy permits?

Back