News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

What? You’ve never taken the ol’ Northbound Southbound?
Ah, should’ve embedded the tweet, but here’s the description:

“New signage for Eglinton station, many inconsistencies. One line referred by name, one by directions. Transfers specified for Level 2, but not for Level 3 (lines are not on the same level)“

Ah, should’ve embedded the tweet, but here’s the description:

“New signage for Eglinton station, many inconsistencies. One line referred by name, one by directions. Transfers specified for Level 2, but not for Level 3 (lines are not on the same level)“
The way I see the sign says that this elevator gives you access on Level 3 to both directions of Line 1 and to the connecting elevator to Line 5, which would have on it's signage the directions of Line 5 as well as the Line 5 Concourse level. Out of frame of the picture looks to be the signage for that elevator.

Interesting opinion poll on the Crosstown:

1713807140172.png

Colin D'Mello on Twitter

For some reason I have faith in the Ontario line and ECWE being done on time. If you go back far enough, I was optimistic this would be done last year and definitely this year, but right now I don't have a clue as to when the crosstown will actually open

I'm still firmly in the position that I would be very surprised if it doesn't open in 2024, some time between September and December.

MAYBE something goes wrong and it gets pushed into 2025 - but most certainly not 2026.
Unless there are some serious issues underground, then 2026 could be an opening day, but 2025 will be the opening day at this time.

For some reason I have faith in the Ontario line and ECWE being done on time. If you go back far enough, I was optimistic this would be done last year and definitely this year, but right now I don't have a clue as to when the crosstown will actually open
With Acciona being selected as a proponent for the Ontario Line, I already see the writing on the wall for that project. It's going to be delayed. The Crosstown West project I see opening close to schedule +/- 6 months.

The Crosstown line is the gift that keeps giving; Verster alluded that the earliest this thing would open is late 2024. So realistically speaking, I dont expect it to open until 2025.

With Acciona being selected as a proponent for the Ontario Line, I already see the writing on the wall for that project. It's going to be delayed. The Crosstown West project I see opening close to schedule +/- 6 months.

The Crosstown line is the gift that keeps giving; Verster alluded that the earliest this thing would open is late 2024. So realistically speaking, I dont expect it to open until 2025.
What part is Acciona supposed to do on the Ontario line? What makes them skeptical to you?

What part is Acciona supposed to do on the Ontario line? What makes them skeptical to you?

Here's a post I made a few weeks ago about how screwed up of a firm they are in the Ontario Line thread (they're responsible for the Elevated Guideway and Stations section including five above-ground stations in Riverside-Leslieville; Gerrard; Thorncliffe Park; Flemington Park; and Science Centre):

Just want to take a brief moment to note that we're all going to be potentially severely screwed with Acciona being selected. I knew that name rang a bell, because they've been involved in all of these messes which have had significant issues:

Herb Gray Parkway (Windsor Essex Parkway):

Walterdale Bridge:

Site C Dam:

Broadway Skytrain Extension

And for fun, things got so bad in Vancouver with the North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant project that they had to fire Acciona:

Edited to account for Windsor Essex Parkway/Herb Gray Parkway

But let's stick to Crosstown discussion, I dont want to give myself a headache with how inept Acciona is.

I'm still firmly in the position that I would be very surprised if it doesn't open in 2024, some time between September and December.

MAYBE something goes wrong and it gets pushed into 2025 - but most certainly not 2026.
I predict an O-Train like debacle. So, yes Sept-Dec 2024 is the grand opening. Within a fortnight it's all gone to shite and shutdown again for six months for rectification.

Last edited:
I predict an O-Train like debacle. So, yes Sept-Dec 2024 is the grand opening. Within a fortnight it's all gone to shite and shutdown again for six months for recitation.
I genuinely believe that Metrolinx watched the Ottawa mess and will not open the line until it is absolutely ready. They have taken enough Ls with the delays already, and I am sure they want the opening to be a win.

Back