News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

How have you not been hired by Metrolinx? You're digital geography education is a perfect match for Metrolinx including updating the TBM tracker.

If anybody from Metrolinx is reading this, please hire Johnny to help track and direct TBM activities for the Eglinton project.
Perfect candidate, but not hired by Metrolinx, since the position is apparently not available.

@Metrolinx,

Please hire me for TBM tracking. I will provide you with my resumé. It has references from the top GIS professors in U of T and Ryerson.

When will the cut and cover portion from Black Creek to Weston Road begin?

As far as I know the only part they're building now are the tunnels. The part from Black Creek to the Kodak maintenance facility will be above ground I believe, so I'm not too sure what cut & cover you're referring to.

As far as I know the only part they're building now are the tunnels. The part from Black Creek to the Kodak maintenance facility will be above ground I believe, so I'm not too sure what cut & cover you're referring to.

The line has to get from the middle of Eglinton east of Black Creek to the northeast corner of Eglinton and Black Creek in order to make the leap over Black Creek into the side of the rise where the Kodak Lands are. I would think construction of Mt. Dennis station, the marshalling yard, and the bridge over Black Creek would be done all at once. But I don't think that would be done for a few years. It would be a separate piece from the tunneling.

I thought it was above ground but at times I kept hearing underground, sometimes Keele to Laird and other times Weston Road which confused me. So this first phase will see the LRT go from kennedy to Weston Road, underground from Laird to Keele, emerges aboveground at Black Creek, proceeds to Weston Road and turns around to go back east at that point. Is this right?

How have you not been hired by Metrolinx? You're digital geography education is a perfect match for Metrolinx including updating the TBM tracker.

If anybody from Metrolinx is reading this, please hire Johnny to help track and direct TBM activities for the Eglinton project.

They're not hiring anyone, anywhere (almost literally). Public sector decision-makers are waiting for collapse. Wait another 3-5 years...see what happens.

I thought it was above ground but at times I kept hearing underground, sometimes Keele to Laird and other times Weston Road which confused me. So this first phase will see the LRT go from Kennedy to Weston Road, underground from Laird to Keele, emerges aboveground at Black Creek, proceeds to Weston Road and turns around to go back east at that point. Is this right?

Correct. If phase 2 is ever built, the only underground sections in that would likely be from Mt. Dennis to Jane, and on the run-in to and under the airport terminal.

I thought it was above ground but at times I kept hearing underground, sometimes Keele to Laird and other times Weston Road which confused me. So this first phase will see the LRT go from kennedy to Weston Road, underground from Laird to Keele, emerges aboveground at Black Creek, proceeds to Weston Road and turns around to go back east at that point. Is this right?

The terminus at the west end will be at Weston Road, with a station located under the north side of Eglinton. There will be cut-and-cover here, but it is much quicker to construct cut-and-cover than it is to tunnel - therefore they can delay the beginning of construction until closer to the projected opening of the line.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Phase 1 includes the Mt. Dennis station and ends before Weston Road. The cut-and cover would start on the hill leading to Photography Drive. Photography Drive will be replaced with a new alignment.

Mt. Dennis Oct 2013.jpg

The station itself may have a +1% incline. East of the Mt. Dennis station it will have a +2% incline going up until after Black Creek when it goes down a -5% incline into the tunnel portal.

See link to EPR Addendum as released in October 2013.

Attachments

• Mt. Dennis Oct 2013.jpg
    Mt. Dennis Oct 2013.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:
Here's how the Black Creek overpass could be configured.

Black Creek overpass.jpg

And the Black Creek Portal.
West Portal.jpg

The inclines are to be at the maximum for light rail, 5%.

Attachments

• Black Creek overpass.jpg
    Black Creek overpass.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 336
  • West Portal.jpg
    West Portal.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 962
I think they said that at Black Creek & Eglinton there will be a connection to GO & UPX. If there's a new station at Eglinton, I wonder if UPX would also keep it's stop at Lawrence?

I hope that taking the UPX from Eglinton to the airport would be cheaper than from Union to the airport, since it's half the trip. Then hopefully those who live near Eglinton can take the LRT to UPX and then take it to the airport.

Correct. If phase 2 is ever built, the only underground sections in that would likely be from Mt. Dennis to Jane, and on the run-in to and under the airport terminal.

That makes no sense. Above ground from Blackcreek to Weston and then below ground from Weston to Jane? Am I understanding this correctly?

I think they said that at Black Creek & Eglinton there will be a connection to GO & UPX. If there's a new station at Eglinton, I wonder if UPX would also keep it's stop at Lawrence?

I hope that taking the UPX from Eglinton to the airport would be cheaper than from Union to the airport, since it's half the trip. Then hopefully those who live near Eglinton can take the LRT to UPX and then take it to the airport.

I thought Weston Road (Mount Dennis mobility hub) was going to have the GO coonection and the UPX

Back