News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Honestly there needs to be an enormous mural of Drake along with LED displays along the length of the platform playing his music videos.

Maybe he'll adopt a TTC station like he's adopted the Toronto Raptors...I don't think any other Rap Artist owns a subway station that's gangsta status

I have a feeling that a lot of you will be happy with the at-grade station designs: http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2015/10/previewing-crosstowns-green-trackway-and-grade-amenities

Most notably, there will be a "green track installed

17765-59432.jpg

17765-59435.jpg
17765-59435.jpg

I can't really make it out in the images, but are there heated shelters planned (or at least a basic shelter with a heat lamp will do)? That was the main thing I was looking for in the surface stops.

I can't really make it out either, but it appears to be no different than existing streetcar stops in terms of just an open shelter. If so, it's a missed opportunity to truly set this project apart from our legacy network.

Didn't Metrolinx build the VIVA BRT shelters in York Region? They should be using the same concept since LRT should be seen as above a BRT.

They better not go cheap on this section because LRT has been linked to streetcars by the likes of the Ford brothers and how this line works and looks will decide the faith of future LRT lines. They need to differentiate these from streetcars.

Mississauga's Transitway has enclosed/heated shelters too. Even the City Centre station which is on the street has an enclosed shelter.

The GO Bus Terminal at Square One also has heated bus shelters, even though they are not fully enclosed.

Didn't Metrolinx build the VIVA BRT shelters in York Region? They should be using the same concept since LRT should be seen as above a BRT.

Viva's BRT stations are built the way they are because they were built to LRT specifications (you'll notice the extra length and ability for the extended lengths to have the station canopy extended to cover them as well). So it's weird they would be making these nofrills stations on Eglinton which is they're flagship project in Toronto to promote LRT.

Mind you...if frequencies are actually as good as projected for this line the need for heated stations may not be necessary, unlike in York Region where Peak Frequency I think is like 10-15 minutes and off-peak is 20mins?

Very barebones.. not much shelter. Pretty much the same as Spadina streetcar shelters.

Hopefully the planners will have the sense to use astroturf on the green track sections. God knows how much maintenance will be required to keep the grass looking like opening day if they use real stuff. As an added bonus the track will still be pleasing during the cold months :)

Back