News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

which they quickly remedied. Not sure why you think people are going to keep using that name.

They went from Steeles West to Black Pioneer Village to Pioneer Villlage..

My point is they are not immune to coming up with wacky names and are not so I don't see what lessons they can teach anybody...

It boggles my mind how idiotic Eglinton station on the Eglinton line is. How can they even justify that in their minds that that's a good idea? Just that fact suggests to me that these people have no business naming rapid transit stations.

Another great example is Allandale Waterfront. Or West Harbour. Ugh.

the only reason the TTC changed from Black Creek Pioneer Village to Pioneer Village is because of the design of the station and the stylized name wrapped around the top of the structure, "Black Creek Pioneer Village" was too long to work and needed to be shortened. The TTC had the full intent to use that as the actual station name.

the only reason the TTC changed from Black Creek Pioneer Village to Pioneer Village is because of the design of the station and the stylized name wrapped around the top of the structure, "Black Creek Pioneer Village" was too long to work and needed to be shortened. The TTC had the full intent to use that as the actual station name.
Where do you get this?

Read the board report from the final change. Read the Spadina subway thread and twitter feed from that day. It wasn't even mentioned.

Whether you think it is a good idea or not, Metrolinx is trying to avoid repeat station names.

A "Don Mills Station" already exists in Toronto
It would make a lot more sense to rename that Don Mills station into Fairview or Fairview Mall and name the Eglinton station as Don Mills.

On that note, I really hope Metrolinx doesn't design the with an abundance of Metrolinx branding or a lack of TTC branding. Multiple times now I've had to correct people who were absolutely convinced that the ECLRT is a totally separate service from the TTC, with its own fares, transfer rules, operating schedule, etc... just because they knew it was a line owned by Metrolinx.

I know these people would eventually figure it out after using the line a few times, but that really isn't a good customer service strategy. Metrolinx could save people a lot of headache by simply using TTC branding.

Last edited:
On that note, I really hope Metrolinx doesn't design the with an abundance of Metrolinx branding or a lack of TTC branding. Multiple times now I've had to correct people who were absolutely convinced that the ECLRT is a totally separate service from the TTC, with its own fares, transfer rules, operating schedule, etc... just because they knew it was a line owned by Metrolinx.

I know these people would eventually figure it out after using the line a few times, but that really isn't a good customer service strategy. Metrolinx could save people a lot of headache by simply using TTC branding.
It will be Branded Metrolinx to go with the GO colour Scheme like the mock up model.

People really don't care what the colour is as long as they can get on paying the standard fare, as well getting where they want to go in the first place.

I am sure both TTC and Metrolinx will be promoting the line colours as the line is near completion of testing as well a schedule start date.

It will be Branded Metrolinx to go with the GO colour Scheme like the mock up model.

People really don't care what the colour is as long as they can get on paying the standard fare, as well getting where they want to go in the first place.

I am sure both TTC and Metrolinx will be promoting the line colours as the line is near completion of testing as well a schedule start date.

I don't really care about the colour of the vehicles either. I'm more concerned about the branding of the stations themselves. I noticed in the rendering that the stations only had Metrolinx branding. I hope that's not their genuine intention for the design of this line, because for the aforementioned reasons, that would lead to quite a bit of customer confusion. Having mismatched station branding on the same rapid transit system is not acceptable.

I don't really care about the colour of the vehicles either. I'm more concerned about the branding of the stations themselves. I noticed in the rendering that the stations only had Metrolinx branding. I hope that's not their genuine intention for the design of this line, because for the aforementioned reasons, that would lead to quite a bit of customer confusion. Having mismatched station branding on the same rapid transit system is not acceptable.

Face it
with the way things are going now in 15 years TTC will become Metrolinx Central, YRT will be Metrolinx North, DRT will be Metrolinx East, and MW/BT will be Metrolinx West

might as well start accepting the inevitable

I think by the time the line opens in 2021, and everyone is using PRESTO, and there is fare by distance all over the GTHA, so everyone is using GO trains, TTC, VIVA, etc with the same card, I don't really think it will matter whether they think its a Metrolinx or TTC service. The mentality will be "stay within Toronto borders, pay XX amount of money for transit, whether its a GO train, subway, streetcar, LRT, etc.

Back