News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

there was talks about a connection here as well as one near caledonia... but this one was considered the better choice since the lawrence weston stop doesnt do to well it could be relocated here... the caledonia one is apparently being considered to have a connection at st clair... doesnt make sense to me but im not in control..

there was talks about a connection here as well as one near caledonia... but this one was considered the better choice since the lawrence weston stop doesnt do to well it could be relocated here... the caledonia one is apparently being considered to have a connection at st clair... doesnt make sense to me but im not in control..
If they built a Black Creek GO stop (and that's a very big if), wouldn't they just keep the Weston stop? Or is that too many - getting too subway-ish for spacing for their tastes?

If they built a Black Creek GO stop (and that's a very big if), wouldn't they just keep the Weston stop? Or is that too many - getting too subway-ish for spacing for their tastes?

I would imagine they would eliminate it. And I would imagine an Eglinton stop would do much better anyway, especially with the Eglinton LRT there, as well as potential rapid transit along Jane.

The two stations are pretty close, but one possibility is for some trains to stop at Weston and others at "Black Creek." After all the brouhaha from Weston about the grade separation, I doubt GO would rebuild their station and abandon it a couple of years later.

See I just see that Eglinton should be a natural stop on each Go line as long as the Eglinton LRT is underground.. It means that people who work at Yonge Eglinton dont need to go all the way downtown just to transfer to a subway uptown... It allows for greater potential midtown which because of less roads will need more transit to cause it to grow... As much as I like the stop on the georgetown line at lawrence it sees poor ridership. I would think thats partially because the community isnt that well off but more so that rarely would anyone get off this stop... This might be different at eglinton with LRT... Also as much as I dont mind the St. Clair stop at Caledonia.. Again I cant see many people getting off of it to transfer onto a streetcar to work midtown... Also St Clair and Yonge isnt as developed as YonGE Eglinton... The argument could be but Residents of the neighbourhood might use it... Im sceptical of this simply because St. Claire is REALLY close to downtown by subway... It just wouldnt offer the convenience... Also Caledonia and Eglinton where the Train passes is a massive plaza that could be bulldozed and redeveloped.. That type of land for redevelopment simply doesnt exist at St. Claire... And as good as the ROW is, its deffinately not LRT... I would argue that this is important on Eglinton EAST as well but no where near as vital as the WEST section..

How is the Black Creek station going to work? Cuz the Eglinton Crosstown plan states that the LRT is above ground at Black Creek.

I suppose they could just cover a corridor between two above ground stations (GO and TTC) though.

The Black Creek GO station as well as the Caledonia @ Eglinton GO station have been around since the ORIGINAL Eglinton West Subway plans.... Metrolinx has acknowledged that the Weston Eglinton Go stop might become reality but have chosen St. Clair over Eglinton for the Caledonia stop. Again I think they are underestimating the EGLINTON LRT and how many transfering riders it might produce...

this is the picture of the black creek and georgetown go stop on the old eglinton west subway plans..

Attachments

• subway-5112-01.jpg
    subway-5112-01.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 222
Now that you mention it, has there been any discussion about potentially building a GO station there? I had not heard that, but I don't follow these things anywhere nearly as closely as some others here.

Interestingly, Black Creek Drive is less than 300 m from the GO line, with not a lot of stuff built in between. Who owns that stretch of land?

The plan was for the Eglinton line's LRVs to have a yard on that vacant land, and I think that's still the case post-Ford.

The Georgetown line/Eglinton LRT intersection is a designated "mobility hub" in The Big Move, which suggests in official circles it's a hoped-for interchange point. That said, the TTC's original Eglinton LRT EA didn't really have much sign of considering a super-convenient connection there... the LRT was to stop at one of those mid-street stops at Weston Road, and I guess folks were supposed to have hoofed it a block to get to the GO tracks. Nothing that would kill you, I guess, but compared to the other two GO line crossings on Eglinton I remember thinking it was a little half-assed: there was a reference in one of the EA diagrams to how the underground LRT station at Caledonia could potentially include a direct connection to a GO platform on the Barrie line via knock-out wall, and I think there were even some references to potentially connecting to the Richmond Hill line trains in the Don Valley at Wynford. (As someone else mentioned, a Caledonia GO station on the Barrie line would be hard to see co-existing with one on St Clair, and I know we've also seen references to a hoped-for GO stop there, too.)

GO's Georgetown South EA included vague provisions for a future GO station at Eglinton (in addition to, not instead of, the Weston station at Lawrence), although as far as I know it won't be coming as part of the current construction work for 2015. Steve Munro's Q&A with Metrolinx suggests an interchange there is still on their radar:
Q: The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) refers to both Black Creek and Jane as western terminals for the Eglinton line. However, these are over 1km apart. Where will the line actually end? How will the line connect with the GO corridor if it ends at Black Creek?

A: The exact terminus for the Eglinton line, which is in the Mt. Dennis area, will be determined through a future additional study due to the vertical and horizontal alignment (how steep the grades can be climbing out of the tunnel and which side of the road we will be on to approach the yard) between Black Creek Drive and Jane Street. The objective is to make the connection to the GO rail corridor.
That suggests to me the plan is to keep the tunnel portal where it was, and pop the LRT out and run it alongside Eglinton either at-grade or elevated. If I were to guess, I think we'll see what were two LRT stops at Weston Road and Black Creek Drive in the old plan compressed into a single stop partway between them that will have provisions for a direct connection to the GO tracks. That'll be the end of the line for the time being, and a stop at Jane & Eglinton is bumped to the mysterious land where the Etobicoke/Airport extension lives.

Hmmm... My GF has pointed out to me that if I wanted to take transit to the airport from Kennedy station, I'd be better off taking the GO train to Union, and then the GO route to the airport from there, rather than taking the Eglinton Crosstown LRT to Black Creek.

However, connecting the Eglinton line to GO for Airport access isn't about Scarberians. It's about people closer to the midtown core having easy rail access to Pearson.

Hmmm... My GF has pointed out to me that if I wanted to take transit to the airport from Kennedy station, I'd be better off taking the GO train to Union, and then the GO route to the airport from there, rather than taking the Eglinton Crosstown LRT to Black Creek.

However, connecting the Eglinton line to GO for Airport access isn't about Scarberians. It's about people closer to the midtown core having easy rail access to Pearson.

Yeah, but the Crosstown LRT+Bus will cost you $3.00 (+inflation), while a GO + Airport Rail Link combo will probably cost around $30.

Yeah, but the Crosstown LRT+Bus will cost you $3.00 (+inflation), while a GO + Airport Rail Link combo will probably cost around $30.
Well, I won't usually be taking the LRT + bus, although it is an option.

I was comparing LRT + GO (transfer at Black Creek) vs. GO + GO.

Why do you say it would be $30 to take GO from Scarborough to the airport? GO from the Kennedy or the Scarborough stations to Union is $4.35. How much will the airport link be? Right now the GO fare from Union to Weston is also $4.35. From Union to Etobicoke North also $4.35. So, I was hoping the airport link would be $5-6, making the entire ride all of $10. Or are you thinking they'll make the airport link $25 or something? That would be extremely unlikely IMO, although I suppose they could make it more than $10.

Well, I won't usually be taking the LRT + bus, although it is an option.

I was comparing LRT + GO (transfer at Black Creek) vs. GO + GO.

Why do you say it would be $30 to take GO from Scarborough to the airport? GO from the Kennedy or the Scarborough stations to Union is $4.35. How much will the airport link be? Right now the GO fare from Union to Weston is also $4.35. From Union to Etobicoke North also $4.35. So, I was hoping the airport link would be $5-6, making the entire ride all of $10. Or are you thinking they'll make the airport link $25 or something? That would be extremely unlikely IMO, although I suppose they could make it more than $10.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I would expect there to be a bus (possibly limited stop express) from the end of the LRT to Pearson, though.

As for the airport link, they have always said that the fare would be in the $20-$25 range. The cost is intended to be competitive with a taxi, but faster and more reliable.

Back when the airport link was a public-private thing called Blue22, it was supposed to cost $22 per person and run non-stop between the Airport and Union station in 22 minutes. Now that's the private partner has buggered off and there are more stations, it might become cheaper.

Back