News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Some bright person will eventually add a "get off the train at the next stop and turn left to exit the station" announcement to the various navigation kits. At that point stations won't even need names.
The in-station WIFI and microcell IDs should be sufficient to provide the necessary information.
Well, that's a new idea for a locally-made app!

Incidentially, they've introduced a 30-day Twitter logon process, so now my devices automatically connect everytime the subway train stops.

On a moving subway train, this doesn't provide enough time to surf a website, but long enough to load a web bookmark, or send/receive email, Facebook posts, tweets, or texts/iMessages. I now check the "Immediate Departures From Union Station" bookmark for GO schedules (to find out which platform I need to go to) while I'm sitting on the subway.

While waiting for the train, commuters can read about the station they are in on Wikipedia (and edit it too!).

That's weird--maybe they changed it, as of a few days ago you could log in for an hour without twitter or for thirty days with it. There was a ton of public outcry a few months ago when it went twitter-only, so they added the one hour twitterless login and made twitter give you 30 days...are you sure you didn't miss the non-twitter option? People were pissed last time they did that.

Crosslinx is now digging large holes on the northwest and southwest corner of Bathurst and Eglinton. Might be for utilities relocation.. Or maybe the station goes in the hole.

Well, that's a new idea for a locally-made app!

Incidentially, they've introduced a 30-day Twitter logon process, so now my devices automatically connect everytime the subway train stops.

On a moving subway train, this doesn't provide enough time to surf a website, but long enough to load a web bookmark, or send/receive email, Facebook posts, tweets, or texts/iMessages. I now check the "Immediate Departures From Union Station" bookmark for GO schedules (to find out which platform I need to go to) while I'm sitting on the subway.

The wifi is frustrating. I don't know who deserves more blame, the TTC or the big 3 telecom, for the fact that we don't get reception in the subway. Desperately trying to reconnect through the logon page and getting 2 seconds of wifi during each stop is infinitely worse than not having any internet at all.

That's weird--maybe they changed it, as of a few days ago you could log in for an hour without twitter or for thirty days with it. There was a ton of public outcry a few months ago when it went twitter-only, so they added the one hour twitterless login and made twitter give you 30 days...are you sure you didn't miss the non-twitter option? People were pissed last time they did that.

The twitterless option doesn't work for me. I click on it and it says "you have connected!" but my phone disagrees. I can't wait for the stupid twitter page to disappear so I can use the wifi again, since I'd rather eat a bowl of cobwebs than get a twitter account.

The wifi is frustrating. I don't know who deserves more blame, the TTC or the big 3 telecom, for the fact that we don't get reception in the subway. Desperately trying to reconnect through the logon page and getting 2 seconds of wifi during each stop is infinitely worse than not having any internet at all.

The twitterless option doesn't work for me. I click on it and it says "you have connected!" but my phone disagrees. I can't wait for the stupid twitter page to disappear so I can use the wifi again, since I'd rather eat a bowl of cobwebs than get a twitter account.

Good thing I'm with Wind Mobile.

I would rather drink bleach than sign up to the big cyan canary.

I wish for cellular reception from the three major telecoms in underground stations.

I had Wind and Mobilicity. I don't miss either. I was with Koodo which was good, but when they wouldn't give me a plan offered by both them and Fido they said then switch to Fido, so I did. And I don't regret the move. It was actually returning to Fido after many years :)

I tell ya, watching this tracker is the feel-good story in the Toronto Transit scene....

- Paul

Screen Shot 2016-07-10 at 9.25.17 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-10 at 9.25.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-10 at 9.25.17 AM.png
    255.9 KB · Views: 937

Back