News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

It will be worst when they start surface track construction with the entire eg east cut to single lanes. It would be interesting to see how they stage it.

Stop the Yonge Street construction now! How can we get to Eaton's and Simpson's if they dig up the whole street?

urbantoronto-5110-15681.jpg

Stop the Yonge Street construction now! How can we get to Eaton's and Simpson's if they dig up the whole street?

urbantoronto-5110-15681.jpg
It would be nice if they can do things like this again but back in the 1950s, there isn't so many cars plus Bay, Victoria and Church is very close unlike the suburbs.

Hilarious to hear subway-blowhard Glen De Baeremaeker enthusiastically praising the LRT, while fighting so hard not to get one built in his own ward.

Glenn's ward encompasses the Eglinton corridor as well between Brimley and Markham Rd, so it's unfair to suggest that he's only open to a subway through his ward. Soon Ward 38 could have several rapid transit stops of all modal stripes.

Hilarious to hear subway-blowhard Glen De Baeremaeker enthusiastically praising the LRT, while fighting so hard not to get one built in his own ward.

I was going to comment on this too.

Like Mammo, GDB can't resist some good face time on camera!

Video on the Line 5 extension (Eglinton East LRT) to U of T Scarborough. I'm happy to see Toronto planning extensions to lines that aren't even done yet.

Also posted on City website: http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/contentonly?vgnextoid=78bddff58f3e4510VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD

"committed to sourcing funding for this line"

Oh really, I thought there was funding for this line from when they made the Scarborough Subway shorter, and put it to this line as a package in order to make the Subway more appealing.

Not surprising they let the increasing costs of the subway gobble it back up again.

"committed to sourcing funding for this line"

Oh really, I thought there was funding for this line from when they made the Scarborough Subway shorter, and put it to this line as a package in order to make the Subway more appealing.

The subway itself isn't funded yet (Ford made plenty of motions to that effect but didn't actually fund it all). You can't really move funding from A to B when A doesn't have funding.

The entire exercise is a shell game and the public hasn't figured out none of the shells have a ball under them.

The subway itself isn't funded yet (Ford made plenty of motions to that effect but didn't actually fund it all). You can't really move funding from A to B when A doesn't have funding.

The entire exercise is a shell game and the public hasn't figured out none of the shells have a ball under them.
Have you forgotten about the Scarborough subway levy on the property tax back in 2013? The levy is in effect for a couple years now.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...d-cost-to-toronto-homeowners/article14745918/

The real question is: Will they have enough money at the end?

Have you forgotten about the Scarborough subway levy on the property tax back in 2013? The levy is in effect for a couple years now.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...d-cost-to-toronto-homeowners/article14745918/

Absolutely haven't forgotten about that thing that funds about 10% of the low-balled cost.

That's exactly what I was referring to when I said "Ford made plenty of motions to that effect but didn't actually fund it all".

In fact, that property tax piece wasn't even the largest contribution Ford put toward it. He also ate a big chunk of future general debt and developer fees; and staff knew it was still probably short (funded the low-end of the estimate range) for the proposed design at the time.

Last edited:
Absolutely haven't forgotten about that thing that funds about 10% of the low-balled cost.

That's exactly what I was referring to when I said "Ford made plenty of motions to that effect but didn't actually fund it all".

In fact, that property tax piece wasn't even the largest contribution Ford put toward it. He also ate a big chunk of future general debt and developer fees; and staff knew it was still probably short (funded the low-end of the estimate range) for the proposed design at the time.
The original estimate was lowballed to make them appeal to city hall. The levy is set for that estimate. I think someone in the background was told to create a stupid number so it would appeal to Ford and make to a subway champion. Anyways, I agree with you that Ford did pretty much nothing.

There's a new app to help you navigate Eglinton during the construction.

Last edited:

Back