News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

28693730130_3fab7d8ce6_h.jpg

I walked by this site on Saturday, and it appears they have started to gut the building on the very right of drum's picture here.

Sure I mean he *could* throw money at it, but then he would demand for a large budget cut so it would have an offsetting effect.

Metrolinx‏ @Metrolinx
After a 3,300 meter journey, Don and Humber arrived at Yonge Street today.

Metrolinx‏ @Metrolinx
In total, they installed 26,178 precast concrete tunnel segments, which formed 4,363 rings.

Metrolinx‏ @Metrolinx
TBMs Dennis and Lea completed tunnelling on the western segment when they reached Yonge Street in May 2016.

and..........................the extraction shaft isnt even done yet.....talk about a scheduling blunder....
they couldve had a great opportunity to catch up on lost time but now theyll have to wait another few months just to start extracting......

and..........................the extraction shaft isnt even done yet.....talk about a scheduling blunder....
they couldve had a great opportunity to catch up on lost time but now theyll have to wait another few months just to start extracting......

Pretty sure this is the plan. Aren't they dismantling these things when they dig for the station? They're going to have to dig to continue the track west of where the machine stopped anyways.

Pretty sure this is the plan. Aren't they dismantling these things when they dig for the station? They're going to have to dig to continue the track west of where the machine stopped anyways.

One thing I don't really understand is why they are so afraid of concurrent activity on this job. They had an opportunity to dig stations as they tunnel through and construct track as they they progress west but nope....they must build one piece at a time... Very rigid mindset

i believe its because they are spreading out their bills versus paying for everything at once which is what we all would like
"Shakes head in disappointment" have they not learned that spreading out costs subjects them to a strong likelihood of inflation, more delays and flip flopping.....

One thing I don't really understand is why they are so afraid of concurrent activity on this job. They had an opportunity to dig stations as they tunnel through and construct track as they they progress west but nope....they must build one piece at a time... Very rigid mindset

Because they aren't even close to having a completed design.

Think of how complex a station like Yonge/Eg will be to engineer (and value engineer) to ensure that the PA is met, MX, TTC, City, etc are all happy. Can't be done overnight.

Back